what 's consider high hours on a motor

Topjimmy

Reaction score
I am the original owner of my 94 Tourney and a 150 Saltwater Yammie I have averaged about 30-50 hrs a year 95% fresh water and just have done basic maintenence to it and it runs like the day I bought it so that old 150 is staying put she has alot of life left in her... GREAT MOTORS! ALTHOUGH it would be nice to have a quieter 4 stroke the noise of the 2 stroke gets annoying after awhile

Fishtales

Reaction score
yes, but age is more of a factor than hours for most of us.

seasick

Reaction score
I know it's $$$$$$, just wanted to say that in theory it was possible. LOTTO

Harpoon

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I bought a set of Florida motors and shipped them north last year- 2003's with fairly high hours that were like brand new regarding corrosion. The owner trailered and was clearly a rinsing and maintenance nut. He serviced everything and had pictures of the midsection work. I put 200 hours on them with no issues last summer.

After owning quite a few motors I can get a good idea on the level of care from the conditions of the tilts, trims etc.

I'd agree with a previous post- motors that are used and maintained regularly are likely better than those that sit idle.

I bumped into my Parker that I ran for 10 plus years and repowered with a Zuke 250. the current owner said the zuke had just detonated at >5000 hours. not bad.