what should I pay to bottom paint and detail

pablor

Reaction score
hi guys

how much should I expect to pay to do a full detail (brightwork, 3 part system wax job and eisenglasss) opn a grady 360?

how much should I expect to pay for a bull bottom paint job with light sanding?

i am trying to be prepared before i go to the boatyard.

Thanks!

RAINMAKER

Reaction score
I really don't know the answer to your question. But if I had to venture a guess I'd say between 3500.00 and 5000.00 That's alot of work on alot of boat. :D
A detail on my 24 was about 600.00 a few years ago . I chose to do it myself. My son says "nobody can please you Dad" . ( I am pretty anal about stuff sometimes) :lol:

seasick

Reaction score
The cost to bottom paint depends on what and who's paint is used.
Around here, labor for light sanding and painting ( paint not included) runs $12 to $20 a foot. Your hull would need 2 or 2 1/2 gal of bottom paint I guess. Paint can cost $60 to $240 a gallon
I can't comment on the detailing part, I do that myself. Eisenglass for me is simple, a fresh rinse, dry and application of Aerospace 303 Protectorant. Wipe dry with soft cloth. Canvas gets 303 fabric guard.. Don't do either in bright sun or on a windy day.
None of this covers hauling and blocking if necessary and relaunch.

Greg B

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Please post what you do as far as a detail goes. My boat is there at the owner's lot and will need a detail in early June.
Thanks
Greg

pablor

Reaction score
thanks for the input, my boatyard was right in line. $750 for sanding and painting with MicronCSC

Thanks!

Greg B

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
pablor said:
thanks for the input, my boatyard was right in line. $750 for sanding and painting with MicronCSC

Thanks!

Which yard and did you get a quote for the detail? The guys at Manteo Marine are very helpful - dropped everything on a Friday afternoon to fix my trailer so I could head home over the weekend a few years back.