What ski/tube towing bridle?

zimm

Reaction score
Anyone recommend a high quality bridle to tow a tube or skier from a Grady? I've read that some of the cheaper ones are too short and the clips won't fit around the large stern eyes.

Or maybe make my own? Some big stainless clips, amsteel line, and a floating pulley?

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I purchased an extra long (14') one...clips are fine...if you have a bracket, you need the longer length. It works fine.

In your case, a standard bridle should work fine...

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Zimm, would you share the brand and model of said 16 foot bridle? Thanks

zimm

Reaction score
Kwik Tek Airhead Heavy Duty Tow Harness- it's the one with the yellow with black tracer. Haven't ordered it yet, it's in my Amazon cart.

http://www.airhead.com/p/heavy-duty-tow-harness?pp=24
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001MW ... PDKIKX0DER

51r68DJCFAL._SX385_.jpg

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Zimm...that's the one I have....I bought it off eBay for about $14. The seller was local so I was able to pick it up and save the shipping.

It gets around the motor (on my 225 with a bracket) with no issue....should work well in your setup.

zimm

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I was worried the hooks wouldn't fit the stern eyes based on some amazon reviews- but those were for the smaller version.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Brian, is this a local marine store in your area? I have not earnestly looked for one but read Simms thread and it caught my eye. I want one for my boat and since we essentially have the same.clearance.issues I.thought I would ask. Could you share here or send me pm about the bridal? Thanks.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
SmokyMtnGrady said:
Brian, is this a local marine store in your area? I have not earnestly looked for one but read Simms thread and it caught my eye. I want one for my boat and since we essentially have the same.clearance.issues I.thought I would ask. Could you share here or send me pm about the bridal? Thanks.

The part number is Airhead AHTH-8HD. My local dealer has them, as does West Marine.

Call me if you want me to pick one up over the weekend and ship it to you Monday.