What to do what to do?

Got Grady?

Reaction score
By the sea by the sea by the beaut.......
Well I am sure glad I spent the money to buy a GW this year. Now what do I do with it when the oil comes and the fishing goes to crap for the next 20 years. There sure wont be any chance of selling it here and the market will be flooded with boats coming from the gulf states. Im so sick right now over this whole thing cannot even put it in to words. :(

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Hang in..This will get cleaned up. May take awhile, but once they plug it up, there will be a huge mobilization of forces from many sources to put the environment back together.
Trust me, they are not going to let the shrimping, fishing,both commercial and recreational and the huge revenue associated with beachgoers and tourism be down any longer than they have to.
This is hurting the Obama administration politically and otherwise. It is in his (and everyone's) best interest to get this taken care of.
One more thing..Remember the salinity of the Gulf will be a natural aid in the breakdown of the oil. Some of it will go to the sea bed and the surface oil will break apart and/or get contained by booms and the like.
Mother Nature has ways of dealing with catastrophies..even mad-made ones.
Your Grady will get launched again..

sickday

Reaction score
I feel for you! I get nauseaus just thinking about it. But, I think if Alaska can survive Valdez, the gulf should survive this. The ocean is a very reiliant place. Hang in there

VeroWing

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
magicalbill said:
Hang in..This will get cleaned up. May take awhile, but once they plug it up, there will be a huge mobilization of forces from many sources to put the environment back together.
Trust me, they are not going to let the shrimping, fishing,both commercial and recreational and the huge revenue associated with beachgoers and tourism be down any longer than they have to.
This is hurting the Obama administration politically and otherwise. It is in his (and everyone's) best interest to get this taken care of.
One more thing..Remember the salinity of the Gulf will be a natural aid in the breakdown of the oil. Some of it will go to the sea bed and the surface oil will break apart and/or get contained by booms and the like.
Mother Nature has ways of dealing with catastrophies..even mad-made ones.
Your Grady will get launched again..

I agree.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
This to shall pass. Remember oil is naturally occuring on the planet. Granted it is not naturally occuring in the surface of sea water, but it is organic and it will breakdown under sun and wave action. I am with you, this boating/fishing season in the Gulf is likely ruined, but I suspect soon things will be back to normal there, maybe within a year or so.

seabob4

Reaction score
You know, not to diminish the spill, but it seems life sort of works that way. You get the last big expense out of the way, get some cash put aside to do what you want, and something else craps out!

As far as BP goes?
Smiley.gif

LUNDINROOF

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I too bought a new Grady 283 in November of last year. I hoped to extend my horizons past the barrier islands of the Mississippi Sound and do some tuna and rig fishing this year.

All the blue water areas of the gulf I had hoped to fish are closed by the Feds. And a lot of my green and brackish water areas are closed by the state regulators. I’ve got 28 ft. of fiberglass and 500 horses straining the dock lines with no place to go.

I feel certain that BP is going to pay dearly for the money they saved when they decided to use cheep equipment and unsound safety procedures while drilling off shore. Unfortunately, people like me that are “inconvenienced” and suffered no monetary loses will not be compensated. Also, those commercial fishermen that operated their boats on a cash basis and did not report their income will not be compensated. Unless, they admit to tax evasion for the past three years and that would open another can of worms.

I agree that “this too will pass” and Mother Nature will compensate for mans stupidity again. However, the environmental damage will be over long before the courts have finished sorting out the litigation resulting from this disaster.

BTW, I have one of those "gulf boats" (240 Exporer) I have been trying to sell (give away for almost nothing) since November. It was a crappy market for used boats before the spill and has not gotten any better.