What wax do you like?

gulfcoastangler

Reaction score
I like to wax the hull on my boat every other month if not every month. Twice a year I don't mind paying the pro's but every month or so its nice to just do a quick wax with the orbital. I am trying to find a wax that comes off easy without breaking my you know what's. Anyone have a favorite?

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Good results with the Shurhold Pro Polish in regards to easy to apply and remove. It does a good job protecting also.

Here is a link to it: http://shurhold.com/pro-polish.

I invested in the Shurhold products a while back, the orbital polisher and have to say it does a great job and makes it much easier.

After watching Ship Shape last weekend, going to consider using it on the deck also and test if too slick or not. The video on Shurholds Wellcraft was showing them waxing the non skid which was much more aggressive than that on the Grady's. The non skid on my Grady is not aggressive and can apply any wax with normal pads or polishing pad on orbital, just don't want it too slick. Been there and done that already. I just don't recall if I did it with Pro Polish or the other alternative that is good that I use is the Starbrite PTEF polish which you can get cheap at walmart as it is branded in walmart for them to sell it and is same wax confirmed by Starbrite.
The Starbrite is excellent as well and lasts a bit longer I think, but is somewhat harder to remove.

gulfcoastangler

Reaction score
You have to let me know how you make out with that. I just used the Woody Wax on my nonskid and it worked ok. I used just a small amount and brushed it like instructions say and it turned out nice. Next time I will try a bit more see if it turns out better.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Collinite Cleaner and Meguiars Marine Wax.

G8RDave

Reaction score
If the gel coat is in good shape and you are just looking for shine and protection, I would suggest using a synthetic sealant such as Ultima Paint Guard Protection or Opti-Seal. Both products you just wipe on and walk away. Truly no rubbing or buffing. Both last a very long time (longer than a true wax).