What would be a good option here?

INSURANCEMAN

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 205
So my Grady peoples. I am one of those people that something little will bug and bug that most people could ignore. I recently replaced my Lowrance with a larger simrad go7xsr anyway the new unit doesn't use the external antenna that the Lowrance unit had and well I know it is there! haha It is hard to make out from this photo and I do not have a better one but the external lowrance unit is in front of the drivers side window and sitting flat on the area there. The cable is run back to the dash which now is unhooked.

So I have thought about putting a light there spotlight? (will probably never use it)

I have considered putting a speaker there and trying to get one to the other side? Probably not the best idea since they would sit flat and fill with water.

I have considered just removing it and filling the small hole and trying to make it look like it was never there?

What would you do or what is a better option? Thanks,

IMG_1126.jpg

Bumpye

Reaction score
You're right. It's hard to tell from the photo. Forget the speakers, or spotlight. What about relocating the horn. Mine is in that position now (Gulfstream). Don't know where your's is located. How big are the holes? Could you fill them with gel coat repair.

Reactions: INSURANCEMAN

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Spotlight... also, it would be useless at night because of the glare that you would get from the foredeck in that location.

The hole could certainly be filled and gelcoated - depends on how much effort you want to put into or how money you want to spend on it. I'd vote for just leaving it there. If you remove it and replace it with a cover plate, you still have a "thing" there... just a different thing.

Fishtales

Reaction score
As others have said. Fill with MarineTex. Gelcoat over and lightly sand per directions. Done. It will look better than any plate and to be honest anything else mounted there would look out of place.

INSURANCEMAN

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 205
You're right. It's hard to tell from the photo. Forget the speakers, or spotlight. What about relocating the horn. Mine is in that position now (Gulfstream). Don't know where your's is located. How big are the holes? Could you fill them with gel coat repair.
My horn is in the exact same spot on the other side. So great idea but then I’d have a hole on the other side. Thanks though I appreciate it.

INSURANCEMAN

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 205
As others have said. Fill with MarineTex. Gelcoat over and lightly sand per directions. Done. It will look better than any plate and to be honest anything else mounted there would look out of place.

I’m really leaning this way.