What's on your list for winter projects?

JJF

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
"I decided this was a better route to take than a later model Grady. Used boat prices are still pretty high."

Given the prices of new and late model boats, I think repowering is going to become very popular. Ditto for upgrading electronics, new upholstery, etc.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Had trouble with some of the pictures, but hopefully you get the idea. The console all looks new with new ignition, start buttons, control and new Lexan mounting plates.

I decided this was a better route to take than a later model Grady. Used boat prices are still pretty high.
I agree... new boat prices are absolutely insane at the moment and I doubt they're going to go back down to where they were before. With that, it seems to have also raised up the used boat prices tremendously and so where I'm glad I bought my boat when I did for only $26.5k. Even if/when I have to do a repower somewhere down the road for $20k or so, I'll still be money ahead considering the price that I paid for my boat...

Don Davis

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I’m getting a rear facing Bimini installed soon similar to the one in the picture. We fish on north and west Vancouver Island so it can be misty, rainy weather. Another improvement I could suggest to Grady White designers is to extend the hardtop to cover the back facing seats to keep people drier. Plus you would get the benefit of a little more shade on hot days

Attachments

• 020845E7-AF29-41AB-85AF-DABAE4A474CE.jpeg
    020845E7-AF29-41AB-85AF-DABAE4A474CE.jpeg
    341.7 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: Mustang65fbk

Bg56126

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I don't have any major projects planned for this spring. Just a few more simple things:

1. Connecting 2006 Yamaha 250s to Garmin MFDs
2. Install hot water to transom shower
3. Pull and re-seal vents on exterior of hull
4. Install high-water alarms in rear and forward bilge
Hi all - I’m purchasing the parts I need to do number 2 above (my transom shower) and can’t remember the size of the freshwater hose in a 33 express. I’m about an hour and a half from the boat so am trying to get the fittings before I head that way. What size fittings do I need to fit the fresh water hose, is it 1/2 inch or 5/8 or am I totally off?

igblack87

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 222
Im going to be working on these projects after the summer '23 season is over:

Safety Priorities
- Deck drains (I believe Grady uses the stainless steel ones now?) and hose replacement
- Washdown & Livewell hose replacement (including livewell discharge hosing)
- My washdown seacock lever is getting stiff, what is the best way to free that up?
- Fuel lines (original to boat)

Can wait
- Replace/update bilge pump (pump still working)
- I get small amount of liquid (not gas) in the fuel tank bulkhead...going to investigate more
- Replace/update VHF antenna to a Shakespear or something similar (current one is a broken piece of metal)

Yay for bloody knuckles, 4 letter cursory words & beers!

JJF

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
^^
my 2018 has stainless deck drains
for the seacock level...I would suggest something like PB Blaster and "exercising" the seacock

regarding the bloody knuckles... HEXARMOR gloves are great; you can actually do work while wearing them... see link below.

igblack87

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 222
^^
my 2018 has stainless deck drains
for the seacock level...I would suggest something like PB Blaster and "exercising" the seacock

regarding the bloody knuckles... HEXARMOR gloves are great; you can actually do work while wearing them... see link below.

PB Blaster wont corrode or damage anything like caulk or silicone?

I have a pair of very similar gloves!

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I think over this next winter I'll do something with the drain hoses on the scuppers as well as replace the cock pit drains, as I've got the original white rubber/plastic drains that are pretty shot by now. On top of that, as I mentioned before, I'd like to upgrade to LED lights on the boat, especially the navigation lights, etc.

Father's Day

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
I think over this next winter I'll do something with the drain hoses on the scuppers as well as replace the cock pit drains, as I've got the original white rubber/plastic drains that are pretty shot by now. On top of that, as I mentioned before, I'd like to upgrade to LED lights on the boat, especially the navigation lights, etc.
Lets enjoy the season before this s*** starts

Beyond A Wake

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 335
Agree, get out there and the list will grow or be taken care of right away........ enjoy the boats.

ps
I decided to get some custom covers made for the boat (simple stuff) delivery time 3 months!!!!!!!!!! So much for enjoying them this summer.