What's This? A New 30ft Walk-Thru?

timmons

Reaction score
OK. Someone else brought it up first. I'm hearing about a new 30ft Tournament model. Supposedly out in the next couple weeks. What better place to spread rumors than right here with us GW lovers. Talk to me. I hear it is nuclear powered, helicopter equipped, and has two stealth modes. I also hear it has lot of cooler space.

Your turn.

gw204

Reaction score
timmons said:
OK. Someone else brought it up first. I'm hearing about a new 30ft Tournament model. Supposedly out in the next couple weeks. What better place to spread rumors than right here with us GW lovers. Talk to me. I hear it is nuclear powered, helicopter equipped, and has two stealth modes. I also hear it has lot of cooler space.

Your turn.

57 cup holders too... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
gw204 said:
timmons said:

Your turn.

57 cup holders too... :lol: :lol: :lol:

with optional 35K head upgrade :D :D

catch22

Reaction score
Personnally, I don't understand the attraction of a 30' bow rider. But then, I'm not a big fan of center console's either.... uh oh. :shock:

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Who ever thought we would see a 27' dual console? It has been a very popular model however. This style boat is very popular for family use. I have not heard of a version built on the 3xx hull but it would not surprise me at all. The 275 is built in the hull as the now defunct 270.

Stonewall

Reaction score
Yep - It's just days away. My insider contact told me about 10 days ago that it will be released any day. I'm sure it will be on the market for the fall shows. I was one of those who could not understand why they would intro a 27 Bowrider. I said it would have a market. I guess I was wrong. The 275 seems to be selling well....shows you how much I know... :D

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Not a rumor...

The original plan was to release it in Miami in February, but the success of the 275 (of which they can't build them fast enough, apparently) has led them to move up the launch...

lgusto

Reaction score
A family member bought a 30' Bryant dual console this year. Huge boat, enclosed head, very fast with I/O drive. It's basically a pontoon boat that goes like a bullet.

Not my cup of tea, but the women and kids love it (sorry for the non-PC comment).

I expect a 30' from GW to do very well.

Larry

timmons

Reaction score
Well, for those who are watching this. The link for the new 30ft Dual Console was put up, then taken down by "Gremlins".

I never had any respect for "Gremlins".

But I can take a hint. I guess GW told our leadership that we had to wait.
So, we wait.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Catch 22, watch out, these guys get prickly over the term bow rider vs. dual console. Same with euro transom vs. integrated transom.

Reminds me of the time - the look on Joey Weller's face when he showed us the 275 at the show and I said , "so that's what you did with the Islander!"

timmons

Reaction score
Either way, be it a bow rider, a dual console, or a pumpkin, it was up, now it's down. Darn it.

Veerrrryyyyyyy Innnttteeerrrrressssttting.

catch22

Reaction score
BobP said:
Catch 22, watch out, these guys get prickly over the term bow rider vs. dual console. Same with euro transom vs. integrated transom.

Reminds me of the time - the look on Joey Weller's face when he showed us the 275 at the show and I said , "so that's what you did with the Islander!"

Tomayto.... tamauto.... :lol:

If it has seats up front, it's a bow rider. :D Oh wait... center consoles have that too. :?

timmons

Reaction score
Gooooolllllllyyyyyyy. Go to the GW site. That 700ft dual console is up and running, called a 307 tournament. It's got a BOW-THRUSTER, seats 50, hard top, hot tub, movie theatre, heated seats, and a small landing strip.

Now all I need is two more jobs.
Boy is it nice.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
"If you have to ask the price, you can't afford it."

Whoever coined this praise, my hat is off to you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm surprised no one is complaining yet about lack of bow pop up hidaway 52 inch HDTV screen option and dual beer keg chilled dispenser, one for lite one for regular, for the dockside tailgate parties, excuse me, integrated transom parties !! This boat has got to be the center boat on all raft ups!

I just came up with an idea to get rid of those nasty fishing rods at party time, external horzontal rod racks/ integrated raft up fenders, on the outside of the hull, both sides. You don't want your party guests passing out and getting stabbed by a rod. Damn rods always in the way.

timmons

Reaction score
Hey Bob. Good post. I see where you got yourself chided on the other thread. Both sides make sense.

I enjoy your posts, I really do.
Carry on, Sir.