When is the boat clean enough?

When is the boat clean enough?

• Total voters

doug228

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Just finished a day of scrubbing after 8 days in the water. Happy to say i get rid of a couple rust stains everytime I wash it. Finally got some starbrite, that helped out

Almost time to get brave with a polisher or pay someone to do it for me...

As far as wax, what surfaces don't get wax??

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Muriatic acid or On & Off will make "magical" work of the rust stains. Then, loosen/clean and recaulk your fittings. Stainless is susceptible to "crevice corrosion" when it is not allowed to have contact with air. Little "crevices" hold moisture and that leads to the rust staining you see. And/or 304 SS is more prone to this that 316 SS.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I don't spend all that much time cleaning after I splash. One thing I like about GWs versus others in the class is the ability to wash down the cabin sole, helm and cockpit. I had a buddy with a SeaRay and he spent 10X the effort and time cleaning the thing. Was always worrying about it and made it not fun for his family.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
When my kids ask me why we need to clean the boat today after a "clean" day out I tell them "Because you missed a spot the last time".

Last edited:

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
When the guy who wrote the check with multiple zeros is happy.

Uncle Joe

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Sometimes it is a bit of a pain after getting up early ....being on my feet all day running the boat and fishing...unloading gear back at the dock...out of the breeze....but I am always glad I spend the time at the end of the day the next time I come down to the boat and she is gleaming. I had a partner in a previous Grady and nothing would piss me off more than to have to clean up beer cans and his other crap before I could go out.

Reactions: PointedRose