Where are the Tigercat guys?

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Ok, looking at Tigercat purchase. There's a '99 and '98 available. The '98 is in exellent shape the '99 is in "good" shape. They both have about the same hours, and are priced about the same. The ''98 is a plane ride a way, the '99 is a 5-hour drive away. Question to the Tigercat guys is: Did Grady make any improvements to the '99 making it a better boat? There's so much rumor and guessing going on about these boats it's hard to determine fact from opinion. Thanks Guys!

raisinkane

Reaction score
I have hull #522 a 98 Tigercat. The only change I have ever seen are the toe rails, Faux wood turned into Seafoam Starboard.Love the boat Good Luck with buying.

Reel Soon

Reaction score
I don't think there were any changes with the hull from 97-99, just above the waterline cosmetic changes. My boat is a 98 Tigercat. I still love the boat. :D

GreenGrunt

Reaction score
All that talk about Tigercat hull modifications is just talk. I sent an e-mail to the G-W customer support folks a while back because I'm interested in buying a Tigercat ... this is their reply:

Reply from Grady-White Boats Concerning the F-26 Tigercat

Via e-mail

January 7, 2011
4:04 pm

Thanks for writing, Guy

Sorry for the delay.

Boats produced in 1997-88 units, 1998-32 units, 1999-11 units and 2000-18 units for a total of 149 F-26 boats.

I checked with our engineering design team and no hull modifications. All the hulls we produced should be the same.

Please let us know if we can answer any additional questions.

Customer Relations
Grady-White Boats
252-830-8600

I'll be seriously looking in May or June. Only problem is finding out if The Admiral can get over the Tunnel "hump" to get to the head.

Butch
1998 G-W 209 Escape w/ '98 Salt water Series II 200

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Strong believer in not owning two boats. BUT lost 2-great prospects while waiting to sell. Had to settle on the least desirable on my short list. Haven't checked the market recently, what's out there?

teaklejr

Reaction score
Hello. Tucker just curious to see what you payed for your Tigercat. My wife and I am thinking of selling our boat but not till next year. We are looking to get a little bigger boat and are going to spend the rest of this year looking at our options. I feel our boats are kind of hard to sell do to all the people bashing them and I bet not many of them have ever been out on a ride in one. If I don't get what I feel is a fair price for her then we will keep her and find a boat to just cruise on, keep in the water and have a kind of second home. Then I can still have the Tigercat to trailer to where the fish are. Hope you enjoy your boat and maybe we will see each other out on the bay. Still have not seen another one out there.
Thanks,
Tim

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Tim, I paid 23K for mine. Now, at the time I had my search short listed to 4-boats; this was number 4. I had another boat to sell and lost the other 3. 1 & 2 where pristine and priced at $25K -$29K; all with original power 200HP 2-strokes with <400 hrs; trailers were also included. One guy even had a full cover made. There is one local for sale, it has 150's pretty rough and priced in the high 30's and the guy won't come off the price. No. 3 was not as clean but was newer and had the OX66's. I had my boat priced too high, soon as I lowered it 2K the phone wouldn't stop ringing. In the mean time the first 3 sold. Mine's rough because it wasn't used for 3-years, neglected, and had bad fuel and bad carbs. I does have fuel mgt which I really wanted. I have no idea what the market is now. For the life of me I don't understand why this boat get's bad-mouthed. Yea, it may not be as fast as the World Cat but the construction is far superior and it's pretty obvious. Aren't you the guy with the HPDI's that goes in by the Ches Bay Bridge? I remember swapping some PM's with you. You're liking a Marlin right? Can't argue with the market, it is what it is. If you want to sell a boat, you gotta price it right. I find cats are a love/hate thing and the market isn't as big as the monohull market. I believe you also said you trailer. What kind of rig do you have? I'll have to trailer to and from a slip twice a year about 9-miles away. I got a 2500 Chevy pick up with a 6K hitch. Boat is about 6,400 lbs with motors; I'm a little nervous :| .

teaklejr

Reaction score
Hello. Yes we did send a few messages back and forth. I do have 2007 200 hpdi motors on mine and a trailer. My guess would be the boat should be worth 30-35k. She is in very good shape. Has an icom vhf radio, lowrance gps/fishfinder, raymarine c70 with a radome and gps, epirb, windlass, good stereo, outriggers, aft moring cover and the trailer has brand new disk brakes on both axles. For the money I don't think you could find a boat that can handle what she can. Hell the motors were 25k just 3 years ago. Right now we can't decide on the style of boat we want. I really like the looks of the downeast style boats like the 31 Albin flush deck but just keep coming back to the 330 express. If I could find a 330 express that was priced around 100k that was clean once we finally decide to pull the trigger that is probably the boat we will end up with. The truck I tow with is a 2006 Chevy 2500hd Duramax. We have no problem towing the boat. We towed it down to Key Largo 2 years ago and that was with a jet ski in the bed of the truck with no problems did use a lot of fuel. I did add Firestone air bags to the back of the truck because when we would go over larger bumps in the road it would make truck bounce a lot. Now I air the bags from inside the cab and it is much better. Do you ever go over to Fairlee Creek? We try to go there a couple times in the summer. Would be cool to meet you and have 2 Tigercats there. Good luck with the boat.

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Teak if you would have thrown those numbers at me last year I do believe I would have bought your boat and would have made out better than I'm at now. I wouldn't have had to pay someone to tow it 400 miles, wouldn't have to buy all these yami parts in my garage, and got a boat in much better condition...and those HPDI's We are all different about our money and how much we think our stuff is worth. Mine has the C80 Raydome and I haven't a clue how to work it. It's my first boat with Radar and the multi screen display is like Greek to me. Have all the manuals, now's a good time to read up. One thing, with the dome my boat was 13' 7" high. An inch over legal. Had to take the dome off to get it up here. PO got whacked with a $1000 fine for taking the boat throught the bay-bridge tunnel. Did you take it off when you went to Largo?

You'll find a deal on that 33-Express. Question is are you in the position to pull the trigger quick enough? Need to sell your boat? Got cash or finacing available? There was a 33-Express that sold in my marina for $89K, not sure of the year though. Bank repo, was out there for about a week or so. I don't think it got a lot of inquires, local guy bought it just wanted to upgrade and had cash to move fast. That's the key, there's really good deals out there, just have to move fast, Can't imagine towing that big girl.

Don't go to Fairlee that much any more, too crowded, there's a steady stream of traffic from Middle River every weekend. And...last year I saw jelly fish in there. We're always over the side swimming and the wife wanted out. We're on the Northern part of the bay and spend a lot of time in Lloyds Creek, Furnace Creek, and various coves on the North East River.

himetro

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Website
www.metrometro.com
Hey guys, I'm out of my mind excited, just bought a 99 x26 Tiger Cat and can't wait to get into the bay in a few months then to O.C. later in the summer. That's all, just felt like saying hey.

Reel Soon

Reaction score
Congratulations, she's a great boat. There are a few around OC and Indian River. I've owned mine for 8 years and you've got to love docking a boat that can 0 degree turn. Enjoy!

himetro

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Website
www.metrometro.com
1999 - bought it from a guy in Jacksonville, FL on a trailer. The trailer is really cool, it has a fresh water hookup to rinse out the bearings and stuff after putting it in the water. Guy says it had 300 hours on it and was original owner. It didn't have the seat cushions though and the side pads had been sloppily replaced. I'm probably going to have the seats made and the side pads redone. Neighbor in O.C. told me $3000. Boat is in storage in Salisbury and I'll get a slip on the chesapeake for the spring and fall and use it in O.C. during July and August when I get down there a lot. Hopefully do some offshore fishing in the summer. I have no idea what I'm doing, i've only fished the bay in O.C. on my jet boat for the past few years so I'm anxious to get learning. Don't know how to post pics, i'll work on it. very exciting first fishing boat.

himetro

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Website
www.metrometro.com
Uh, Sea Trial?

I bought it site unseen. The short story is that "Boat Joe" is a mobile marine mechanic and had taken care of my yamaha jet boat in the past. He drove down to Jacksonville, checked out the boat, did a sea trial and gave the seller my cash. I had identified this as a boat that I wanted because I want a softer ride and I like the forward seating so that I can also take my family out (although my wife said she'll never go on a fishing boat). I don't think I've ever even been on any center console in my life.

So, I'll let you know how the sea trial goes on April 16 when I'm done with tax season and can take the boat out.

Yea, I know. Pretty bad. Cross your fingers.

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I think you're going to love it. You sent the right person. Work on the right trim and lay into it. Won't be a speed demon and she'll love gas. Busy tax season eh? Wait'll next year.

Finatic

Reaction score
Himetro,
Nice looking Tigercat. I fish out of OC on most weekends during the summer and fall, mostly offshore but an occasional inshore trip. We are always looking for boats to buddy up with. Good luck with the boat and I hope to see it in OC this summer.
Derek