Where can I find these?

igblack87

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 222
2001 Grady-White 180. Where can I find the center console cup holder and board right next too it? Both are broken. Anyone know the manufacturer?

Thanks,
Ian

Attachments

• cup holder - CC.jpg
    cup holder - CC.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 62
  • rectangular starboard - CC.jpg
    rectangular starboard - CC.jpg
    686.1 KB · Views: 62

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
The board would have been cut in-house by Grady. You can very easily do the same - a piece of starboard will do the job. Looks like 1/4"? That's easy to source and you cut it yourself. I doubt you're going to be able to "just buy" that piece already made for you. Although a place like Teak Isle mfg could do it for you if you don't trust your cutting skills.

The cupholder... do you really want to put the same kind back on there? It looks like a "breakage" waiting to happen. Do you need a cupholder in that location? Would it be better to have one somewhere else? Seems an odd place to have one - and also made out of material (lexan or some type of acrylic?) I wouldn't be using it in that area, that's for sure. Use this opportunity to fix a poorly thoughout design and make things better! There is absolutely ZERO benefit to keeping this "stock" (if, in fact, that was actually installed by Grady and not a previous owner).

Fishtales

Reaction score
I'm thinking those are going to be very hard to buy.

NHAngler

Reaction score
Wow, I have the same exact issue with the cup holder on my 180 in the same spot. I broke it last year swinging a cooler out from inter the seat. It is indeed acrylic. I was going to buy a pc and hot bend it myself but leaning towards making one out of starboard with a couple of stainless inserts.

Last edited:

NHAngler

Reaction score
It is s
The board would have been cut in-house by Grady. You can very easily do the same - a piece of starboard will do the job. Looks like 1/4"? That's easy to source and you cut it yourself. I doubt you're going to be able to "just buy" that piece already made for you. Although a place like Teak Isle mfg could do it for you if you don't trust your cutting skills.

The cupholder... do you really want to put the same kind back on there? It looks like a "breakage" waiting to happen. Do you need a cupholder in that location? Would it be better to have one somewhere else? Seems an odd place to have one - and also made out of material (lexan or some type of acrylic?) I wouldn't be using it in that area, that's for sure. Use this opportunity to fix a poorly thoughout design and make things better! There is absolutely ZERO benefit to keeping this "stock" (if, in fact, that was actually installed by Grady and not a previous owner).

It is stock and works fine. Better there than someone putting their drink behind the window and emptying on the controls. Not a terrible amount of room on the console otherwise.

HookUp

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
A piece of acrylic and a heat gun you can bend it yourself, I did. Mine was a single tho not double cup holder
Of course you would need a large hole saw too

Fishtales

Reaction score
I like the starboard material the best. Acrylic likely becomes brittle in the direct sun and where it is bent, likely a weak spot. To each his own.

igblack87

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 222

I hear you on this. The cup holder...could definitely use an upgrade. I am concerned about drilling any more holes into the console as the boat is almost 20 years old. I am sure that gelcoat and fiberglass are somewhat brittle. Your right though, I could always take the cup holder out and patch the screw holes.

As for the Star Board - what is the best thing to cut it with...I have a tendency to be a perfectionist. I would just by some 1/4" from boat outfitters and have them send it to me.

igblack87

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 222
If anyone else has replaced these items...I would love to see what you did! Trying to keep up with twin 4month old boys and a boat and a black lab (named Grady, of Course), and a cat and a 102 year old house with CORONA everywhere is driving me insane.

Ian

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
It is stock and works fine. Better there than someone putting their drink behind the window and emptying on the controls. Not a terrible amount of room on the console otherwise.
Everything is waterproof - and you could quickly rinse it off, if needed. But I looked at a picture of a 180 console and I see what you're talking about.

So... couple thoughts, in no particular order...

-- First, I hear 'ya on trying to stay sane! A little boat project would be the perfect remedy!

-- Don't worry about drilling holes (small or big). You won't have any issues with that due to the age - nothing will be "brittle". Trust me, I've done A LOT more to boats much older than yours... and many, many times! You might find a couple spots (they don't have to be right next to each other) where you can drop in flush-mount cupholders... maybe all the way on the top of the console... maybe on that flat, horizontal section above the steering wheel - left side, center or right (I can't tell if there's enough room to physically mount a drop-in cupholder from the pics, though).

-- There are also "fold-up" cupholders you can get. They're a bit on the flimsy side, but when not being used they fold virtually flat to the surface they're mounted on. There's even cupholders that have large suctions cup mounts.

-- If you decide to do something similar to what you currently have again, definitely make it out of starboard (HDPE). You can also buy pre-made ones like that.

-- Be sure to check out that Teak Isle mfg site - they have a vast catalog of HDPE stuff. Also look at a place like TH Marine or just google for "starboard cupholder"

-- If you want to make it yourself, it can be made stronger and better - there's couple ways you can do that.

Reactions: igblack87

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Boat Outfitters makes some great cupholder assemblies. If I recall, I bought from them for my 180 as the same thing happened on mine. I'd go starboard over stainless though, if it were me.

Boat Outfitters can also make the filler piece too if you don't want to take on a cutting project.

NHAngler

Reaction score
Saw another picture of a 180 with this same issue so seems common.

Again, regarding the location, it is an acceptable spot. I’m going to fabricate something within the next week and will try to post pictures. My son might also be able to print me one with his 3d printer.