Where do I put where?????

SieraSky

Reaction score
I didn't like where the last owner of my 228g w/hardtop put the electronic package, ie. vhf, gps, ff. I decided to put the VHF & stero in the hardtop compartment, the GPS inside the dash compartment(out of sunlight) and the depth/fishfinder off center on dash. I have an external speaker for the GPS mounted to right of dash. I appreciate any opinions from the gallery. Thanks Tony

dwain

Reaction score
Website
www.bodkinrealty.com
Hi Tony: When I purchased my 228 the previous owner had the Nav Net system up in the hardtop electronics box as well as the VHF. I will tell you that after 8 hours of fishing your neck gets extremely sore. I think the VHF and radio etc is okay up top but when it comes to the other electronics I would have to say to put in the regular box. My radio is down in the cabin area, but I do have a remote that I installed, just left of the steering wheel. Hope this helps. Dwain

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
You didn't mention what year your Seafarer is, but on my 226, I installed the VHF and stereo in the upper box, and the GPS/FF in the lower electronics box.

You might want to consider flush mounting the unit in the lower box. The reason is, if you run the boat standing up, you will have difficulty reading the GPS through the smoked glass door.

Here are some pics...you can see the challenge of reading a 10" GPS / FF when its in the box....

S3500486-copy.jpg

S3500001-copy.jpg

S3500002-copy.jpg

SieraSky

Reaction score
Epuipment

I'm going to tinker with the equipment over the weekend to see what fits best. The boat is an excepanionally clean 1989, boat was stored for about 4 years. I plan on getting a radar system so I'll probably move things again. Thanks guys for the info and pics. When I get everything completed I'll put some pics up, Thanks TD