Where do you mount flags on a 375 Freedom?

JustEnough

Reaction score
Model
CHOOSE
We often run multiple flags (dive, US, Bahamas). With no rocket launcher by the roofline - would you all share where you mount flags on the top of a 375 Freedom. The rod holders on either side of the hard top frame are too low and I need them for fishing.

Many thanks!freedom-375-grady-white-37-foot-dual-console-gwb-4265.jpgfreedom-375-grady-white-37-foot-dual-console-gwb-4265.jpg

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Since you're not moving when diving, you can put that one on the VHF antenna with Charveloix clips. That was you can get it nice and high.

Can't help too much with the other ones... other than to say that it seems you may need to mount a flag pole on the hardtop or possibly at the stern?

JJF

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
On my boat, I fly the American flag from the NAV light post on my RADAR/FLIR mast. (you can see the post between the antennas in my this photo in my sig).

Is that a "stock" photo of you boat? If so, a photo of your actual boat may help. :)

I am assuming you don't have outriggers, so I think you are going to have to add some sort of mount/fitting to your hardtop. Perhaps you could use one/two VFH antenna bases with a "dummy/cheapo" antenna or PVC pipe with a cap. Maybe even find a used antenna on CL, Facebook MP, etc.

Hack: you could slide a piece of PVC over your VFH antenna(s) and mount the flag(s) to it, so the stress is on the stainless part of the antenna rather than the fiberglass. I have ZERO idea how/if this would impact the performance of the antenna.

JustEnough

Reaction score
Model
CHOOSE
This is my actual boat. Plenty of room at the rear of the hardtop for flags but I haven't found anything that works (aesthetically).gg2.jpg
gg2.jpg

JJF

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
Yeah, you got a problem there. ;)

Absent adding hardware, I don't see a solution.

Are you trying to keep a clean look on the top, not wanting to drill holes, etc.?

How about getting a four - six rod rocket launcher for the top? (It could them be used for flag poles, rods, gaffs, etc.

JJF

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
Is 30" tall enough?

If so, that would be a fairly innocuous solution.

I would experiment with the distance between them. Keep in mind that the closed they are to the center, the less visible they will be.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
mount a flag pole. get some outriggers and a center rigger

If you can afford that boat, tell the marina to install a nice flag pole and write check;)