Where do you store your cushions?

FREEDOM!!!

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
On my old boat I stored my cushions in the garage because there wasn't a place large enough onboard to store them. The head on the new Grady is plenty big to store them. Was wondering if the head is good place to store the cushions or should I keep them in the garage or maybe in a waterproof dock box.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Are you talking about in season on winter storage? On my 282 in season they are stored in the aft berth when the boat is docked. During winter layup they are stored in a dry closet in my house. Great looking boat!!

Reactions: FREEDOM!!!

FREEDOM!!!

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
Are you talking about in season on winter storage? On my 282 in season they are stored in the aft berth when the boat is docked. During winter layup they are stored in a dry closet in my house. Great looking boat!!
Yeah, in season....which is almost year-round here. I bought a dock box and was thinking of keeping them in there, but then I realized that the head is plenty big to store them.

Reactions: Legend

loubeer

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
If you decide to store the cushions in the head, I would suggest putting some DAMP-RID in the head to fight off mold.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
The head is a perfect place to keep them. The head probably gets used only a very small percentage of the time, if at all. For those few times when you need the head, just move the cushions out.

JJF

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
In season (mid-May - Oct): I leave mine out in their "normal" location. I treat them frequently with 303 Protectant. I am thinking of making slip covers for the bow cushions & backrests and "chaps" for the coaming bolsters in the cockpit area. My helm seats have a canvas cover.

Off season: cleaned & dried, saturated with 303 and then stored in the house/garage.

Reactions: FREEDOM!!!

Grey56

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
We keep the boat in dry-dock away from the water - but we always stow the cushions below deck. Haven't run into any issues so far - and we keep the boat two miles from the water here in LA.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I leave the cushions in the cabin of my boat almost the entire time and rarely ever use them, as I rarely ever have more than just myself and a couple of others out fishing with me. Especially the rear cushions, I don't think I've ever used those before, mainly just the two cushions for the two helm seats. If I was constantly boating with 5-6+ people in the boat then I'd probably install the cushions and leave them in throughout the season. But, I also leave my boat on a mooring buoy throughout the summer and don't want the seagulls and other birds crapping all over them if they aren't ever going to be used.