Where is my blower?

dgreen1069

Reaction score
I have a 2000 Marlin 300 with a factory installed generator. Can someone tell me where my blower is located? I don't hear it running when I turn it on and I am concerned that it is not working.

gerrys

Reaction score
BLOWER
A blower is included with the generator option. The blower provides ventilation to the engine
compartment, and should run at least 4 minutes before starting the generator. Using the blower
does not take the place of checking the engine compartment by sight and smell for gasoline
vapors. The blower is located in the aft rigging compartment behind the batteries.

dgreen1069

Reaction score
jenniferhoops said:
I think there must be an internal blower in 2000 Marlin 300.

I'm not sure what you mean. There is a blower somwhere in the bilge that needs to be run prior to running the generator. I found some vent hose along the port side stern, but was not able to locate the actual blower motor. Gerrys suggested it is behind the batteries. I recently replaced my batteries and didn't see it....of course I was cursing the batteries at the time and was not looking for the blower.

gerrys

Reaction score
It's been a while, but I think it's actually behind the battery compartment. If you've founf the flex hose, you ain't very far from the motor.

GulfSea

Reaction score
dgreen1069 said:
I have a 2000 Marlin 300 with a factory installed generator. Can someone tell me where my blower is located? I don't hear it running when I turn it on and I am concerned that it is not working.

I have no experience but if I were looking for it, I would download the manual 1st at : http://www.gradywhite.com/customer/manu ... arlin/300/

Then look at page 7-30 to identify which thru-hull provides venting for the generator. Then view inside to see where the exhaust hoses are routed which will lead to the fan. You should also be able to feel the fan blown air at the thru-hull to make sure it's operating.