Where is the macerator on my 232?

highfive28

Reaction score
I have a 2001 - 232 with a Sealand 960 Portable head plumbed in with deck pump out and macerator. I am trying to locate it as I want to replace it with a proper 12 volt flush toilet. I need to remove the inline macerator as the 12 volt toilet has one built in. Has anyone done this conversion before and can offer assistance?

thanks

RJTFD

Reaction score
Under the companion seat behind drawers. You have to unscrew the door frame and slide out unit it is in there atleast thats were they put mine.
Good luck

highfive28

Reaction score
Great thanks for the quick response. I'll take a look there. Did you install a flush head?? If so what brand and did you install vented loops? I am looking at a Jabsco 12 Volt unit. thanks

RJTFD

Reaction score
No I just have a jabsco macerator that is never used nor do I plan on using it. Go before you come on board if not go in one of the buckets than you can take it home when you get off the boat. I dont even keep potty on the boat anymore I use that area to store extra tackle and a socket set. Maybe one day I will get a bigger boat with a standup head maybe that can be used. I have enough cleaning to do on my boat after a fishing trip I dont feel like cleaning a bathroom or potty.
Good luck

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
my 2002 had the pump and the Y valve under the step in the cabin. flip up the step to get access to the locker and open the pie plate inside. good luck, ron

highfive28

Reaction score
I too have the inspection plate under the stair tread and have looked. There is a "Y" valve and a thru hull with ball valve and I assume it is the live well inlet. Don't see the macerator there and that's why I'm asking. It has to be on the port side as I can hear it and it seems to be working fine.

RJTFD

Reaction score
My Y valve is under the step in cabin also the seacock but the pump is under the seat behind door next to livewell .

highfive28

Reaction score
Well hopefully there is enough room under the seat to remove the macerator and run a new outlet line to the "Y" valve. Pretty tight everywhere under the hatches on this boat.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
there was a redesign of the hull in (i think) either '01 or (definitely) '02. my live well pump was beneath the transom seat in the same area as the bilge pump. my fresh water pump was attached the the inside of the transom by where the batteries are. macerator under the pie plate in the cabin step. ron

highfive28

Reaction score
I found the macerator today and it was under the tackle center under the companion chair. Looks like there is enough room to disconnect it and run new hosing for the toilet. Thanks for all the help.....

jimintheair3

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The valve you found under the step is the thru-hull for the toilet macerator/out. I have wanted to replace the cheap porta-potty with a flush toilet, but can't find one that is low enough to fit in the "box". All of them would stick up, and not allow the toilet hatch to lay down, allowing the berth to be used.

RJTFD

Reaction score
They definately make one my friend had exact same boat as mine and he had a porcelin bowl with electric flush mine has a porta potty. He sold his boat now so I dont know the model but i'm sure if you do some searching online you will find it.

highfive28

Reaction score
So after 6 or so hours of mucking around with the plumbing and wiring the new 12 volt toilet is installed and works GREAT! The old porta poti had a 1.5" hose out to the macerator and then a 1" hose out to the thru hull. I removed the 1" from the macerator and re routed it with a vented loop to the out of the new toilet and bingo plumbing solved. The Jabsco 12 volt toilet fit almost perfectly. The original lid in the boat goes down no problem to hide the head but the dagger board that drops in the front would not fit - Toilet is about 1/2" to deep to put the board in but you don't need it anyway. Installed a thru hull with double clamps everywhere and ran the 3/4" inlet line to the toilet. It's a bit loud but I now have a proper toilet. Only had to drill a couple of holes as the original holes were re used. The Jabsco toilet comes in standard and compact size. I used the compact size. Thanks for all the help from the forum.