Where to get SeaStar parts?

gw204

Reaction score
I'm going to be rigging up a pair of 200 OX66s on my 25' Grady in the very near future and need to obtain some parts for my SeaStar system to connect the hydraulic cylinder (HC5342) and tie bar to the engines. There were a number of little items that I couldn't remove from the old engines because of frozen hardware, so I need replacement parts...

Here's what I'm having trouble finding:

Part No. from Online Manual, Description, Quantity Needed
722928 (#51 in diagram), Clamp Plate, 2
113529 (#53 in diagram), Nut, Nylock 3/8" x 24, 2
727122 (#55 in diagram), Extension Plate, 2
191424 (#62 in diagram), Nut, Nylock 1/4" x 20, 4
185921 (#63 in diagram), Flat Head Socket Cap Screw 3/8" x 1-5/8", 2
not numbered (HP7215 (#16 in diagram) of my old manual), Adjusting Ring Nut, 1
not numbered HP1861 (#17 in diagram) of my old manual), Set Screw, 1
not numbered HP1134 (#18 in diagram) of my old manual), Nut, Nylock 1/2" x 20, 2
753428 (#52 in diagram), Bottom Washer, 1

Anyone know where I may be able to pick up these parts?

Below is the arrangement I'm trying to duplicate. Could there be a new system for dual engine application, hence my difficulty in finding these parts?

SummerFall2004013.jpg

Thanks.

catch22

Reaction score
Some of your parts are listed here - http://www.go2marine.com/category.do?no=14028&page=1

Try checking teleflex's website for dealers/distributers - http://ww2.seastarsteering.com/DISTRIBUTOR/dist.htm

Nothing listed under Delaware, but in Maryland;
Fawcett Boat Supplies
2017 Renard Court, Annapolis, Maryland, 21401, USA
Tel: 410-267-8681, Fax: 410-224-0979

Even if a dealer doesn't list it, you can try calling them to see if they'll order it from Teleflex for you.

I went thru Shoreway marine, (Berlin, NJ) in the past and they were very good with ordering parts from Teleflex. Their Berlin store has closed, but they still are on-line. Unfortunately, it looks like the only way to contact them is thru e-mail - http://www.shorewaymarine.com/

gw204

Reaction score
Thanks! :)

Fawcett would be great, but they closed years ago. :cry:

I talked to a guy at Teleflex yesterday and he said pretty much any marine retailer should be able to special order what I need. So I have the local West Marine (it's the only place left in my area now that Boater's World is gone :cry: ) checking on prices and Andy at Shipyard Island is doing the same. I also put in an email to Marine Conneciton Liquidators in FL as they have a bunch of off-the-wall stuff...

I'll check w/ Shoreway as well.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Brian, if you don't get anything, call Mike at Freeport Marine in Freeport, Long Island, NY.

They are a Teleflex distributor and retailer. They always have what I need in stock.

Finatic

Reaction score
You may want to give Shorts Marine in Longneck, DE a call. They seem to have every part available and if not I'm sure they could get it with short notice. Good luck.
Derek

Boats Rock

Reaction score
I have that same system on my Sailfish. I was able to find all the parts from my Grady dealer. There is how ever some small parts discontinued. Where the tie bar threw bolt connects to the black extension arm of the tiller. There are bushings that allow it to be bolted tight and still swivel. They could not be found. I had to cut out the old ones and use over.

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I took Brian's list over to Shorts yesterday morning. They have some of the parts in stock, but can have all of the parts there within a week of placing an order. I called Brian from the store (got his vm) to let him know. Not sure if he will be calling them Monday, or I could order, and send them to him. I'll find out by tomorrow.

gw204

Reaction score
Thanks Finatic and Capt Bill. Short's was the ticket. Talked to Steve today and placed my order. :)