Where to put electronics? 305 Express

PDX-Boats

Reaction score
Looking for suggestions. I have a 2008 305 Express and have some Furuno electronics to add.
1: Network Hub
2: Class B AIS
3: Heading Sensor

Each of these boxes takes a little room.
I think the overhead electronics box is too crowded.

Do you put them behind the lift-up box? Seems like a ton of work to do that. Is have to remove the box altogether. Right? Thoughts or suggestions appreciated.
Brian

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
You have a few options, depending on the size of the components. First if you remove and lift up the switch panel on the dash, there is some room to mount components underneath. This is where I mounted my AP components. It also gives you easy access to all of the rigging pathways. The other option would be to remove the panel in the head over the toilet. This will give you access to another flat mounting surface as well as good access to rigging tunnels.

Reactions: PDX-Boats

Dand1

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Looking for suggestions. I have a 2008 305 Express and have some Furuno electronics to add.
1: Network Hub
2: Class B AIS
3: Heading Sensor

Each of these boxes takes a little room.
I think the overhead electronics box is too crowded.

Do you put them behind the lift-up box? Seems like a ton of work to do that. Is have to remove the box altogether. Right? Thoughts or suggestions appreciated.
Brian

Dand1

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
electi
Just put an entire Garmin system in my 305
Heading sensor fits fine in the Storage area under the Starboard side storage area under the V berth Autopilot pump behind removable panel in mid cabin berth. Remove entire electric controlled MFD mounting console and you have plenty room. Cut overhead console to mount uhf radios and more. Boat has lots of places. Just look hard or hire someone who has done those Boats. I’m loaded. Good Luck

Fishtales

Reaction score
Can mount under the helm, pretty dry there. The gyro for the heading sensor is usually mounted under the mid birth as I recall.