Where to put the phone

MarineBob

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Lots of good ideas. I kind of like the notion of a GoPro (type) camera mounted somewhere under the canvas...maybe on the back of the seats? Damn, I looked at the gigntic selection of those devices. What ever happened to just a Brownie camera? In those days, couldn't afford color film.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I have the same charger. Mine is mounted on the side of the helm on the way into the cabin. No place on the dash for it. Stay's dry there. Secure and not rolling around on the floor yet easy to unclip. Nice product.

Peterb21

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Mounted an inductive charger on the side of the helm as you enter the cabin. Phone clips securely in. Hard to see but easy to clip it out. Stays dry.

This is definitely the way to go. I put on one my Sailfish 282 and one on a Gulfstream 23. Real secure and works great. Just make sure you phone does wireless charging.

Reactions: NealTrombley

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I have the same charger. Mine is mounted on the side of the helm on the way into the cabin. No place on the dash for it. Stay's dry there. Secure and not rolling around on the floor yet easy to unclip. Nice product.
Phone Charger.jpeg

Reactions: NealTrombley

amf282

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
RVirb Mount.jpgram mount phone.pngam mount for phone. Never had an issue with it in rough seas. I mounted a virb under the lip of my hard top looking over the cockpit. The virb interfaces with my instruments and we can actually control it from the helm

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I've never thought to bring out a phone charger with me, nor have I really ever had the need to charge my phone while being out on the water as I charge my phone overnight before even going out. Even if I'm out for 4-5 hours or more, it still isn't going to be a big deal because I can just charge my phone when I get back into my beach cabin. As long as your phone is fully charged when you go out, even if you're out for 4-5 hours and aren't on it constantly, you should still be plenty fine on battery life to get you wherever you need to go, and then some.

FREEDOM!!!

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
I have a perfect spot just in front of the steering wheel. I got a little dashboard sticky pad on there (not pictured) and it holds perfectly.
phone.jpg

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Until I make the next addition to the dash: The phone has the fuzzy side of Velcro on the back of it's case and a space on the dash has the more bristle side. And I swapped out the cigarette lighter receptacle for a USB port. Phone acts as my weather radar when I'm running before sunrise so its close to my line of sight. But I haven't drilled any holes as I may make other additions to the dash in the future.

Ekea

Reaction score
Model
Chase
just another note about the gopro. i dont know if the newer ones still have the feature, but my on a hiking trip, my cousin set his to take a picture every 5 seconds. obviously you miss some specific moment shots, but you would probably miss those if your were reaching for a phone real quick. also, you are not going through hours of 1080 or 4k video.

NealTrombley

Reaction score
Website
www.gulfatl.net
Model
Explorer
We are the reps for Scanstrut wireless phone mounts, Grady is going with more units in the 24MY starting in June, its been a great product, I just purchased a 251 CE I will be adding one possibly 2...