Where to start on 282 sailfish asking price.

leebopp

Reaction score
Looking to sell the above and move up to 33 express or canyon. Boat has 680 hours on twin yamaha f- 225s. Lift kept, no trailer. Monthly service performed includes waxing washing and metal polish.
Fished 8-10 times per season.
Just completed annual motor service as well as replacement of all "worn" items like switch covers, cabin door Velcro, wipers, etc.
Boat has dual helm chairs, blue curtains, outriggers, windlass, etc. Has furuno depth finder and separate furuno chart plotter. No radar.

What is a fair market value to ask for this boat?

Thanks for your help....

CWOT

Reaction score
Bought a really nice grady last year for 11 percent less than NADA book, no add-ons.

leebopp

Reaction score
Sorry about that.....it's a 2004 with the dual captain chairs, and rear built-in transom bench seat, not the jump seat.

Cocoliso VI

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Do a search for boats the same as your model year with similar equipment and see what the market is like and what others are asking for their rigs. Its easy for us to get attached to our boats and believe they are worth more than the market will bear. Consider what would be the minimum you are willing to sell it for and then set a price that gives you room to negotiate. Good luck.

bc282

Reaction score
IMO, you're in the selling (not listing price) of around $80k.
could be as low as $74k depending on boat condition, options, etc., but not over $85k (there are 2006 and newer listed for $85k).
the 282 is a great boat and was a popular model and thus there are a decent # currently on the market available.
Market is still a buyers market and those that are selling are listed pretty aggressively to sell.
I see a few boats still listed when i bought mine 2 years ago and the price is still too high :-|

as with any good seller, boat should be super clean, records made available, any defects or broken items fixed or replaced, etc >>> make the boat turn key with no reservations for buyer will go a long way toward a fast sale.

might consider listing with anglersedge as they seem to do a good service with a very reasonable cost to list the boat.
(no personal experience with AE, just that heard many +'ve reviews and would consider they myself if i were selling).