Where would the Flux Gate Compass be in a 33 Grady Express

Sundancejoel

Reaction score
I own a 2001 Grady White 330 Express that was purchased at Gifford Marine, in Dartmouth, RI in 2006. I'm trying to find out where the flux gate compass for the Simrad Auto Pilot would have been installed, inasmuch as I'm having a problem with the auto pilot and I'd like to be able to locate the Flux Gate Compass without taking the boat appart. Can anyone out there help me?

I've tried the dealer's telephone number but I'm informed that the number is no longer in service. Please contact me ASAP! Thank you!

Joel Harnick
215-704-5393

Gman25

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Re: Where would the Flux Gate Compass be in a 33 Grady Expre

I would check under the aft cabin.Its recommended that it be installed as low as possible in the belly of the hull away from any metal that might affect its performance.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score

first look up in the radio box. then check the small locker next to the head right under the electrical panel -- look up inside (this is where i put mine). then look inside the sump (well) of the electronics pod -- if nothing there, pull the clevis pin, carefully raise the pod and look underneath. next would be popping the starboard access panel in the mid-berth and looking in there - where the black water tank is (i don't know if you have access to this area from the forward starboard side seat (mine does not)). last i would pull out the sump of the electronics pod to see if it was mounted in there (might be able to lift the switch panel and sneak a look inside) - this one sucks. there are a few other spots a creative person could have stuck it.

easiest would be to call gifford and get the prior owners name and ask him/her. at a minimum, gifford should make a call on your behalf. good luck, ron

just saw your note on gifford. i thought they were still in business. you should be able to call grady and ask them to contact the original owner on your behalf. they might not give the number, but they should make the call.

seabob4

Reaction score

Remember, the fluxgate compass should be mounted as close to the centerline of the boat as possible...

Sundancejoel

Reaction score

To All who responded to my inquirey, thank you! I finally found the flux gate compass mounted inside the cabinet under the sink in the head.

Sundancejoel