Where's the sending unit on 1980 204F?

ThemApples

Reaction score
I just launched my 204 Fisherman. First day in the water, I smelled gas. I've dried the tank chamber by running a fan through the inspection hole.

I would like to check the sending unit by cutting in another inspection plate. The compartment panel runs under the console. It's a big deal to remove the whole panel.

Does anyone know where the sending unit would be?

Should I just cut a hole under the console and see what I find? I'd rather be more precise.

How do I cut the hole? With an empty tank and lots of ventilation I know, but, what tool?

gwwannabe

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Since you just installed a new motor, did you check all the fuel connections to be sure they're all tight? Do the simple stuff first and work toward the hard stuff.

Gary 93 Gulfstream

ThemApples

Reaction score
Yea, I'm a bit disappointed with the dealer. They put 10 gal in to test drive and said there was no issue.

I'll go back at for the 20 hr service in a few weeks and see what they can find. I've already contacted them.

Somehow, this message was posted twice. Check the other thread for more info.

ThemApples

Reaction score
Yea, I'm a bit disappointed with the dealer. They put 10 gal in to test drive and said there was no issue.

I'll go back at for the 20 hr service in a few weeks and see what they can find. I've already contacted them.

Somehow, this message was posted twice. Check the other thread for more info.