which plb???

lime4x4

Reaction score
Decided it was time to get a plb. Going with a portable unit. I have it narrowed down to 2
1st one ACR-2882

2nd one ACR-2884

Anyone have any experience with either of them?

VeroWing

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I'm waiting to see answers you get because I want to get one also. TheHullTruth had a group buy gong on a few months ago. Not sure if it has ended.

the.devo

Reaction score
I bought the 2881, the comparison chart shows them all fairly equal. The only advantage I can see with the 2882 and 2884 is the LCD readout but, I don't see myself being able to read that if the situation were that drastic as I was in the water away from the boat.

lime4x4

Reaction score
Boemarine had it for 334.00. When i order thru them i get it next day for no extra charge.

fellinger

Reaction score
I have the 2882. I agree no need for the display. I keep mine attached to the ditch bag and an older unit easily accessible at the helm. If you call them tell them you were at a boat show and see if they will give you a boat show discount or point you in the direction of someone who will.

Reaction score
Website
WWW.InternationalMarineService.com
2016 ACR/ARTEX SUMMER SAFETY REBATE FORM
(U.S./Canada Promotional Offer)
Step 1:
Select Product You Purchased:
GlobalFix iPRO EPIRB (P/N 2848 or 2846)
$125 Rebate and a Free 6 Month 406Link
Plus Subscription
GlobalFix PRO EPIRB (P/N 2842 or 2844)
$75 Rebate and a Free 6 Month 406Link
Plus Subscription
AquaLink PLB (P/N 2882 or 2884)
$100 Rebate and a Free 6 Month 406Link
Plus Subscription
ResQLink PLB (P/N 2880 or 2881)
$50 Rebate and a Free 6 Month 406Link
Plus Subscription
To receive this promotion:
Purchase select ACR products from participating dealer in the United States.
Read and fill out this form completely (1 form per beacon purchased).
Mail this completed form along with:
1. The original sales receipt or email receipt confirmation, if purchased online (No photocopies)
2. ACR promotions require the original UPC barcode from the color retail box (No photocopies)
3. A copy of your NOAA beacon proof of registration (Photocopies accepted)
Must be postmarked no later than 30 days from purchase date. Please allow 8-12 weeks for fulfillment.
Mail to: ACR/ARTEX 2016 SUMMER SAFETY PROMOTION
5757 Ravenswood Road, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
Complete ALL of the following information:
Name ________________________________________
Address ________________________________________
Beacon UIN or HEX ID#
this form.
 Check here to receive e-mails for future offers and promotions from ACR/ARTEX.
Offer good on purchases between 5/16/2016 and 7/05/2016. Proof of purchase must be postmarked no later than 30 days from
purchase date. Please read the Terms and Conditions.
IMPORTANT - Redemption checklist
I have included my:
 Completed Redemption Form
 Original Sales Receipt
 Original UPC Barcode
 NOAA Beacon Proof of Registration
Thank you for your recent ACR purchase – Please read the Terms and Conditions on page 2
U.S. Terms and Conditions – Please Read
Promotional offer only valid in the 48 continental U.S. states, Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada (offer not available outside the United
States and Canada). Incomplete submissions will not be processed. Keep a copy for your records.
You must submit a completed mail-in form if you purchased an eligible ACR or ARTEX beacon from a participating retailer between 5/16/2016 and 7/05/2016.
Qualifying participants will receive the selected promotion in the mail within 8-12 weeks of validation of their rebate form and proof of purchase. Your rebate form
must be post-marked no later than 30 days from the purchase date, applications for rebate will be accepted only if postmarked on or before 30 days
after date of purchase.
Rebate Rules:
• Maximum of three (3) free gifts per consumer/household/business/organization.
• This offer cannot be combined with any other promotion or offer.
• Only original sales receipts (or email receipt confirmations if purchased online) and bar codes off the color retail package for ACR promotions will
be accepted.
• ACR/ARTEX products purchased at on-line auctions and products resold by consumers do not qualify.
Must be purchased in the U.S. or Canada and consumer must have a valid mailing address. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery. ACR/ARTEX is not
responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or postage due mail. Any requests postmarked or received after applicable dates will be returned as ineligible.
Materials submitted become property of ACR/ARTEX and will not be returned. If terms and conditions are not met, the rebate will not be sent.
IMPORTANT: In order to qualify for this offer, all conditions and requirements of this program must be met as stated. Any misrepresentation, scanned or
photocopied receipts and/or UPC barcodes, fraudulent information or multiple claims voids the offer. Use of fictitious names or addresses could
result in federal prosecution for U.S. Mail Fraud. Offer void where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by federal, state or local law or regulation. Offer not valid for
employees, retailers, distributors, group sales, professional courtesy sales, GSA, or dealers of ACR/ARTEX. This offer is subject to change or cancellation, at any
time, without notice.
www.ACRARTEX.com
IMPORTANT - Redemption checklist
I have included my:
Completed Redemption Form
Original Sales Receipt
Original UPC Barcode
NOAA Beacon Proof of Registration