White Smoke

Grady268MA

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to resolve the "white smoke" issue from Yamaha Outboards that occur at start up? I know it might be temp related and the white smoke does go away after about one minute.
Thanks

seasick

Reaction score
Grady268MA said:
Does anyone know how to resolve the "white smoke" issue from Yamaha Outboards that occur at start up? I know it might be temp related and the white smoke does go away after about one minute.
Thanks
That's kinda normal to a point for 2 strokes. As mentioned it may be steam ( more white) or it might be excess oil (generally less white a tad blue. It may be worse in colder weather. You may want to check the oil injection synchronization a fancy term for the ratio of oil to gas as revs change.The check and adjustment is in all yami 2 stroke manuals as well as online I would expect.

When you change spark plugs, take a good look at the old ones, making a note of which cylinder they came from. You can tell a lot from the color and condition of the electrodes.

A richer mix ( like at a cold startup) startup can cause some excess water vapor.That makes white smoke. There are a lot of other possible causes but if it goes away and the motor is running strong, I wouldn't be very concerned