who has put f250b's on 1998 272 sailfish

JB IN OC

Reaction score
who has done this, i would like to hear your feedback. i did put an extra 200# of water on the back and scuppers were still above the water(aux tank wasn't full). the boat has 225 ox66's now but 1 is blown.

CKJR

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I spoke woth grady white on this issue, the hull is rated for 450 hp max even though 250's might weigh the same.

JB IN OC

Reaction score
thanks for the response guys. the yamaha dealer i was talking to has done this before and i don't know what the repercussions are if this was done,i will call grady to see what may need to be done to the transom if i went this route. i don't plan on getting rid of this boat. thanks

rclapp

Reaction score
We bought our 98 new; repowered with F200s three years ago. (replaced Merc 200 efis). Being mechanically challenged, our boat has been stored/serviced only by our GW dealer. Not cheap but the point is he has earned our trust completely. I worried about the added weight as the boat does sit lower in the water. I could have opted for lighter HPDIs but I was assured no safety issue existed. At ten years the insurance co required a survey. The surveyor found no issue. We weekend on board so I carry a ton of cargo, (plus AC). Boat handles great. Regards.