Who has used a boat transporter?

askibum02

Reaction score
So, long story short, I am moving to NC next month. I thought I had the boat sold, so I sold the trailer too. It's come back to bite me on the buttocks. The boat sale fell through, so no I need to transport the boat to NC via a transporter.

Has anyone used one, more specifically on the East Coast? I spoke to the Transportation Coordinator at GW and he gave me the name of the company they use, but also want to get a few more estimates, and weigh a float on bunk transport vs. hydraulic trailer transport from a cost comparison standpoint.

Pic of the boat from this summer, leaving a raft up.
gradyprofile.jpg

My plan this year is to keep the boat out of the water, block it in my yard, and do some needed maintenece. First and foremost, the tanks, then I'm going to work on cleaning up some of the wiring which is a rather large mess. I'm going to be in Fayetteville, which is a couple hours from the water, but still very doable for day trips.

jimmy's marine service

Reaction score
if you're smart,you're gonna call larry rutherford,609-827-7517...he's got a new hydraulic trailer...float on bunk trailer,not a very easy trailer to unload a boat from,onto blocks :wink:
you're gonna need a guy with insurance...
beware of the super cheap prices you get,these guys probably have zero for insurance... :wink:

Tuna Man

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I just had my 30' Marlin shipped from Wilmington NC to NJ. I went with Topaz Marine Transport out of Delanco NJ (609) 387-1746. They did what they said they were going to do, and came highly recommended by a family friend. Their prices were reasonable, especially if you are flexible with regading scheduling.

Send me a pm if you need more details.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Very common practice, both across counrty and local. Many more local guys.

Cross country guys may change carriers and have multiple payloads, to get the best price, vs. dedicated one truck direct, hence the flexibility issue, inquire if that's a concern of yours. For instance, if they longhaul it with a 40 ft tractor trailer with other cargo, they will transfer to a small trailer for marina ramp or home driveway delivery.

Check with your local Yamaha dealer or marinas for recommendations. They use movers to take boats to and from shows, etc.

It's a rare occasion I get the mover to block the boat in the driveway the way I would do it, that's why I have a 4 ton service jack!

askibum02

Reaction score
Thanks for the info everyone, I've gotten a few prices now, and just need to settle on a date to move it, and see who is available.