Who makes the cockpit cooler (Freezer plate) thermostats / units?

Flot

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I've just finished bending an webasto/istotherm freezer plate to install in the port under-seat cooler on my Grady 330. By the specs, it should easily be able to refrigerate that compartment, and possibly freeze the whole thing depending on how good the insulation really is.

I went with an air cooled unit and so far so good, I should be able to get it all installed in a couple of weekends.

However, the isotherm thermostat is a cheesy dial type, and it's not 100% clear to me if I can mount it just as well outside the box as inside.

I noticed the fancy digital controls on the newer 330s. Anyone know who makes that system, or at least who makes the digital thermostat? I don't see a particular reason I couldn't retrofit a different thermostat to this compressor setup.

Flot

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Through some digging I have found the Love controls TS2 temperature switch which appears to be a match. Now I see why this is mounted in the cabin as it is clearly not intended to be weatherproof (or even a marine part) - however, this would let me control the freezer box remotely without having to use the included mechanical thermostat.

It would be helpful to me if someone with factory freezer boxes could show me where the temperature probe is...

Attachments

• thermostat.JPG
    thermostat.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 14
Last edited: