Who uses Lee's Jr. on their ~27' cuddy?

abielecki

Reaction score
Hi - I am looking to add Lee's Jr outrigger holders (with 18.5' poles) to my 268 Islander.
Does anyone have any experience with these, and if so, how do you like them?

Thanks,
Andy

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Sorry, but I installed Taco Grand Slams after we had a hardtop added to our boat. Use the heavy-duty, 15-ft poles and they work great.

Brian

chrisA.

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Andy,I own a 1995 Islander with the lee Jr's,Never had any problems with them,love the way they operate AND the way they look.Never did like the outriggers mounted on the hardtop like Brians, nothing wrong with them, I just prefer the wishbone outriggers,

Grady282owner

Reaction score
Just installed Lee Jrs. on my 282 havent used them yet. I followed the recommendation of getting the XS poles, I think they may be worth the extra money.

abielecki

Reaction score
Grady282owner said:
Just installed Lee Jrs. on my 282 havent used them yet. I followed the recommendation of getting the XS poles, I think they may be worth the extra money.

Thanks for the replies! Grady282owner, mind if I ask where you bought them?

abielecki

Reaction score
chrisA. said:
Andy,I own a 1995 Islander with the lee Jr's,Never had any problems with them,love the way they operate AND the way they look.Never did like the outriggers mounted on the hardtop like Brians, nothing wrong with them, I just prefer the wishbone outriggers,

Hi chrisA - Do you have any pictures of your boat with the Lee's Jr showing?

chrisA.

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Andy, I am the second owner of the boat but I believe the boat was delivered with them installed, I will dig up a few pictures for you!

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
My 2004 Marlin has 19' lee jrs. I love them and much prefer these to top mounts. Mine are double rigged with the Hatteras style cleat for tension.

abielecki

Reaction score
Thanks again to everyone for your replies! Looks like Lee's Jr's are the way to go. Now I need to go shopping for a good price or find some good used ones :)

Grady282owner

Reaction score
abielecki,

I got mine from overtons. They have the Lee jrs. for about the best price you will find wait for coupon to get them! I found a 15 percent coupon online and got them. Unfortunately they do not have poles for sale and you have to find them elsewhere.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Take a look at the For Sale / Wanted section. I'm selling mine.
They are the same Lee Jrs. Nuts and bolts, etc. included.
Can email you photos as originally mounted by Grady on the boat.