Will the Garmin 7616xsv fit in the 306 retractable ebox??

bjflink

Reaction score
Cant pass up a great deal, and am no where near my boat to take accurate measurements. Wondering if anyone has tried this yet? I know it will be tight.

everwhom

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Re: Will the Garmin 7616xsv fit in the 306 retractable ebox?

I doubt it. Here's a picture of the 7612xsv in my 330 Express. I assume the 306 is the same size or smaller and the 7612 barely fit...

Attachments

• new console small.JPG
    new console small.JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 882

bjflink

Reaction score

Yep, definitely wont fit! Thanks for the picture. By the way, that carbon fiber dash looks great! Custom?

everwhom

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score

Yes - I had it done by International Marine, who I think is a GreatGrady sponsor now... I actually did the CAD design for the panel myself, and IM laid out the component templates and the screw holes. They should still have my file so can whip more out easily. I actually had a 2nd one made because I added an autopilot control head later. Give them a call at 561-396-2264. If they don't have the DXF file, just contact me and I can send it to you.

The panel is acrylic and pretty shiny, so it doesn't quite match the original aluminum carbon-fiber panels, but it's pretty close and, in my opinion, looks great.

That all assumes that the boxes are the same on the 306 and 330 -- I'd confirm with Grady!

bjflink

Reaction score

Thanks for the info! It looks great! What did it run you if you dont mind me asking?

Ben

everwhom

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score

I can't remember exactly but pretty sure it was under $200 and that also included an additional small panel for a new key switch assembly...

It's all laser cut so incredibly precise.

Reaction score

Do you think they will cut just a blank sheet to cover the entire box front? I need move my chartplotter, sonar and radar to make room for a single Yamaha digital gauge and would be nice for me to place the electronics where I want. I wonder if they will make a panel to cover the gauge panel also. I will have 3 holes once I remove the analogs.

everwhom

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score

Yes, I'm sure they can do anything you want, but you may want to have them pre-cut all the holes which will make it easier for you to install the electronics. My box used to have two 12-inch SIMRAD displays so when I upgraded my electronics I needed to cover those huge holes, and my Garmin had a differently shaped cut out.

As for the gauge panel, I don't think they will have the template already, but have a chat with them and I'm sure they can figure it out. I had the same issue -- I went to the Yamaha Command Link + digital display, but I ended up leaving the old round gauges in place and they even work too. It turns out you can run both gauges. I also thought about replacing that panel with a bit of storage for phones, sunglasses, etc, but in the end I just left it.

bjflink

Reaction score

Any way you could send me the DXF file anyway so I could compare to my e-box for measurements, or modify if the boxes are in fact different sizes? Thanks so much!

Ben
benjflink@me.com

everwhom

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score

Will email. Unfortunately I can't attach the DXF of PDF here...