windlass for 2001 282 Sailfish

nickl

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can pick up a used windlass for a 2001 282 Sailfish? Also where can I pick up a new rug for the same boat?

Thank you

Nick

seabob4

Reaction score
nickl said:
Does anyone know where I can pick up a used windlass for a 2001 282 Sailfish? Also where can I pick up a new rug for the same boat?

Thank you

Nick

Have you checked CL in your area or eBay? A nice used Lewmar Pro 700 would be perfect for a 282...

bc282

Reaction score
nickl said:

Thank you

Nick

someone was selling a nice shiney new Lewmar 700 or something on THT for what i thought was a pretty good price, but it was new so it's not priced as a steal. try a search on THT's misc stuff for sale section as i don't think i remember it being sold.

are you talking about the cabin floor rug? Mine is nearly falling apart from the bottom up as it's just regular carpet with hemming/border cut and sewn to fit that particular shape. Regular carpet uses a latex backing and if it gets too wet it will start to break apart as mine is. (FYI, when steam cleaning your home rugs/carpets, don't use the cheap rental rug doctor units as they dont have sufficient power to pull the water out afterwards and just leads to accelerated carpet death and don't over soak the rug even if you have the power to suck it back up).

After this season, i'm going to make a cardboard template of the cabin floor for a replacement carpet which will NOT have a latex backing and can withstand being wet and washed.
You may consider finding a carpet hemming guy (they have a special machine that can quickly and inexpensively bind the outer edges). These guys can be found by asking a Carpet/flooring retail store that does installations for who does their commercial rug baseboard bindings. May also ask carpet/floor layer specialty supply stores.

I'm going to try to find a decent matching NON latex end piece of rug and have it edged/binded. Toughest part should be finding the little piece of rug!