Windlass Installation 232 Gulfstream

dbrkr

Reaction score
Lewmar Pro Fish 700. Will mount CIRCUIT BREAKER aft near a battery, will mount ROCKER SWITCH at console. but not sure where best to mount CONTACTOR. Should it be near switch or near circuit breaker - or at some other point for most efficient wiring?

Fish- on

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I mounted mine under the console. I also purchase the remote receiver with the fob. Very helpful retrieving up on the bow.

Reactions: coldpizza

coldpizza

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I mounted mine under the console. I also purchase the remote receiver with the fob. Very helpful retrieving up on the bow.
I added a remote fob as well. It is so easy to cycle the windlass from the bow with it.

Uncle Joe

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I am no expert certainly but I have the circuit breaker mounted at the helm. I keep it open until I want to deploy the anchor to help prevent any accidents.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I'll be adding the remote with fob to my Seafarer in the spring. After having my windlass on now for a bit, I can see the benefits of it. I have the push buttons I could mount, but didn't want anymore holes drilled into the boat. The remote can be mounted below deck and out of the weather.