Windlass

Stiles1978

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
If you goggle Lewmar pro fish 700 manual. It will give you all wire diagrams for a windlass like the one in the attached photo. Typically your power cables run from the battery to to a relay, then from the relay to windlass, smaller wires to from relay to switch.....Do you only have 1 switch?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201026-090528_Write on PDF.jpg
    Screenshot_20201026-090528_Write on PDF.jpg
    372.4 KB · Views: 4

Rupo60

Reaction score
Model
Chase
If you goggle Lewmar pro fish 700 manual. It will give you all wire diagrams for a windlass like the one in the attached photo. Typically your power cables run from the battery to to a relay, then from the relay to windlass, smaller wires to from relay to switch.....Do you only have 1 switch?
Funny today it seemed to work fine no issue at all . I didn’t see relay in anchor locker it must be in console did not open it up today but I will just in case it starts acting up again Also windlass works even with battery switches off so not sure if that means it’s going direct from battery to windlass without a relay ‍♂️

seasick

Reaction score
If your windlass switch has smallish gauge wires, there has to be a relay somewhere. If the conductors are not bolted to lugs on the switch, you also have a relay somewhere On one of my boats, there is no relay since the draw for it is 30A max and the toggle switch is rated for 30A.It has large gauge conductors.
That windlass connects to the accessory buss. It all depends on the current requirements of the windlass