Windless problem

cota95

Reaction score
Getting the boat ready for another fun season and found that the windless is not working. Boat is a 2020 28.5 Freedom that I bought new. I have power at the breaker under the helm and I cannot contort enough to get under the windless in the rode locker. I have a pro fish lewmar and in downloading the manual a see a 3amp fuse also but have no clue as to it's location. Help

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
There is another large breaker in the battery box probably 50 or 70 amps. Also there is a relay that is activated by your helm switch in the vicinity of the windlass probably at the top of the anchor locker. Check the heavy duty circuit breaker back aft first. Helm switch is probably a three amp circuit breaker in the panel and can’t handle the load of the windlass which is probably 50 A. My pro fish has a 70 amp breaker. Good luck!

cota95

Reaction score
There is another large breaker in the battery box probably 50 or 70 amps. Also there is a relay that is activated by your helm switch in the vicinity of the windlass probably at the top of the anchor locker. Check the heavy duty circuit breaker back aft first. Helm switch is probably a three amp circuit breaker in the panel and can’t handle the load of the windlass which is probably 50 A. My pro fish has a 70 amp breaker. Good luck!
Thanks, I'll check them again today

Fishtales

Reaction score
If you have power, manually feed some rode so you can bypass the windlass. See if you can turn by hand and then unloaded. Maybe it froze?