Windshield dimensions???

siple

Reaction score
I have a 1987 Tournament 19 and a previous owner replaced the original window with plastic... The walk through window is the oem glass. I want to replace the left and right pieces as they are discolored and not a good fit.Water Bonnet the oem manufacture of the windshield is not in business and that makes it difficult..Does anyone in cyber land know the dimensions of the glass, know somebody who does or have any suggestions??? Thanks for your help.. Barry

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
The easiest thing would probably be to just remove the glass (plastic), take note to any changes you want to make in size, and then drop it off at a local glass company. Be sure to get safety glass. If the glass is flat, this will be pretty easy. If you don't trust your new measurements for the glass, make a template from hardboard.

Willy-C

Reaction score
I priced out a replacement glass (front drivers side) last year on my 1992 tournament 19.....$300 plus shipping from
Marine Glass Specialty, Odessa, FL ( http://marineglassspecialties.com/ )......they have the patterns for the older GW's
I ended up putting a piece of acrylic in temporarily from HD for $30...BTW, the origin glass was not perfectly flat

siple

Reaction score
Re: Windshield install ???

Can anybody explain how to install a windshield in my 1987 GW Tournament 19.. I have new glazing and was wondering about the procedure.. Do you take the frame apart, remove old glass,install glazing on new glass and then reinstall or am I missing something...If you have done this I would appreciate your knowledge on the subject.. Barry