Windshield on DC out of alignment

Genobg

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275
Windshield on 2012 Freedom 275 was “sprung” by hurricane Ian winds of 150-200 mph and now folding center panel no longer lies in correct position when folded back. It no longer attaches to magnet and therefore bounces around. Any Solutions Or ideas?

Of course, GW no longer makes replacement windshields.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I have little to no experience with DC styles of boats but have you tried reaching out to your local Grady White dealership? Oftentimes they're a bit more helpful and better at communicating than trying to call up the factory directly. I can't imagine, though I'm again no expert on the matter, that they changed up the design that drastically to where they wouldn't have anything available? Especially since they still make the 275 Freedom and unless they had some sort of radical redesign of the windshield, I'd be pretty surprised if they didn't have some sort of solution for you. If your local dealer honestly doesn't have any suggestions, have you tried reaching out to a boat repair/glass shop and see if they can maybe pull out the glass and straighten up the frame for the windshield? Or is the glass completely shattered as well?

Joe_C

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 225
I was able to get the windshield alignment straightened out when this happened in an old boat (not a GW). Kept messing with the hinges and support arms until we we were straightened up.