windshield parts for older boats

dgaines

Reaction score
The windshield on my 1986 190 tournament was badly misaligned. While trying to adjust everything I discovered the tube braces were history. Of course I scoured the internet but everything looked a little different. Checking on Grady's website they refer everybody needing windshield parts for boats older than 2003 to contact Marine Glass Specialties in Odessa Fl.

This is a plug for the great service I received from George at Marine Glass. I called him and told him what I needed. He has all the old Grady original drawings. He looked up my model boat and of course what the drawings said and what I had did not match. As it turns out I am only 1 hour away. I told George I could pull the boat over there if necessary to get the correct parts. George was much smarter than I and suggested that I remove the braces and bring them to him. He said since I was local he would make the new parts up while I waited. So I did and he did. He had the exact same feet as original for the tubing as well as new matching tracks for the windshield end. I got the new parts installed the next day in the rain. I tightened up the windshield hold-down screws into the deck and using my friendly hammer lightly adjusted the hinges. Now the windshield and opening section are in perfect alignment.

George knows a lot about Grady windshields. If you need anything give him a call. If there is any doubt that the part he has (or can fabricate) is not the same as yours just send him your part for duplication. While I was there he fielded a couple of telephone calls from major Grady dealers who needed parts.

See you on Tampa Bay! The 'Sugar' graphics are going on this week.

Dick Gaines