Windshield Washer Knob Leak

jmain

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Any idea where to get a replacement knob for the Windshield Washer valve at the helm?
Mine started leaking from the back last weekend, and I haven’t had a chance to take it apart.
(1996 Marlin)
I checked the archives, but didn’t see anything on it… but I can’t believe I am the only one that has had the problem. Sorry if I missed something obvious.
As always, I appreciate everyone’s help here. BAC1F9F9-E006-46DD-8AB8-98989E3E15DD.jpeg
03CBF0ED-4E5A-4797-A668-9DB6E3191B60.jpeg

Fishtales

Reaction score
I'd check with GW. I believe they still use this part. Should be able to provide the source.

Reactions: jmain

loubeer

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
The back of my control knob is more accessible on my 330 Express. I had the same problem - was a loose water connection. I snugged up the water tube onto the connector and problem solved.

ItalianAngler

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
The back of my control knob is more accessible on my 330 Express. I had the same problem - was a loose water connection. I snugged up the water tube onto the connector and problem solved.
Easy to get to on the 282 too as well, mine worked a little loose from all the vibrating. Easy fix. Can't imagine there is really anything to break inside these, all it does is spin and when it lines up water comes out.

fsc60

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Mine leaked also, I have an Express, My Grady dealer had it in stock, It was not the knob but the valve was leaking.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Easy fix once you get the panel out. A couple of hose clamps hold the hoses on the part.

jmain

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Thanks for all the replies. I will just pull the panel and see if it is a loose hose.
Sorry for the delayed response, but I never got the emails that I usually do for your replies.