Windshield wiper adjustment

thepenman

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
‘08 express. Windshield wiper works wells. Throws fresh water. New wiper blade for 80 bucks. But the wiper is beating itself up by hitting the window frame. It’s range is to far. Can anyone tell me how to adjust the range?

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I don't know the model wiper motor you have but in the past I have had wiper motors that to adjust the range , a cover was removed and there was a cam shaped plate with a series of holes along the curved side and the drive arm was pinned to the appropriate hole for the desired range. That was many years ago. In your case I wonder if the blade is hitting the frame at one end of its stroke and has extra room on the other end of its' stroke then the motor may have just been mounted in the wrong orientation. Adjust the unit as necessary. It could be that someone has installed a blade that is too long for the windshield. That you can figure out. The problem may be solved by carefully bending the existing arm to conform to the needs of the mounting position. Hopefully someone with the same model boat will chime in with their experience on this. Good luck.

seasick

Reaction score
If the wiper only hits one side, the arm may need to be removed and reinstalled in a different initial position on the motor drive shaft. If only one end of the wiper blade hits and not the other, the blade may need to be rotated.To do so assumes you have the type of arm that allows the angle to be adjusted. Finally, the length of the arm may be incorrect. Again some arms allow the length to be adjusted. You didn't mention if the blade hit before you changed it, compare all the new parts to the old to see what has changed.

If you paid 80 bucks for a wiper blade, you should look for a new supplier:)

Reactions: Halfhitch