windshield wipers

1st grady

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I need a supplier for the 17 inch wiper blade (refil) for a 1995 vintage GW. I looked at the ryder web site but do not know if they will fit. The arm appears to mount from the side with a screw and nut. Any numbers for this application? thanks

Scott W.

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Windshield Wiper Replacement Blade

Last year I replaced my wiper blade on my 1991 228G Seafarer by picking one up in the auto supply department of Walmart. The selection is large and the prices rock bottom (50% less than in marine supply stores)! :lol:

mashenden

Reaction score
Regarding wiper blade refills, I found I could use a TRICO 47-800 from Advance. This is a break-to-fit refill that is 26" x 8 mm (two in a pack) for $7. http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...erm=break-to-fit+refills,+26"+x+8mm+(2+count)

I only used the rubber, cut to length (16" on my Seafarer), then reused the retainer clips and stainless rails that were on the old blade. The old rails made it so that the refill was the proper width to stay attached to the wiper - It would be too narrow using the rails that came with the refill.

The result seems to be a good fit and I have another refill left to use when this one wears out. $3.50 each... not bad :)

While I have not tried it, I have since read that you can get a replacement truck blade refill to fit the Grady White wiper (ANCO 52-xx) at NAPA part # WIP 60xx05 (for $5.50), where xx is length 16, 18, 20 (all unconfirmed by me as an exact fit). Apparently these are wider than standard automotive blades. I probably would have tried one of these options had I not already forged my own path.

Grady_Crazy

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I was told by a Grady Parts man to go to a real truck stop and they will have the same type of commercial wipers because they are used on the big trucks. I haven't tried it but it sounds good.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Anco replacement blades. Bring one off the boat into the auto store. They should be able to match it up.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Your local NAPA auto parts store will have them. Take the old one off and bring it in with you.

They come in SS or powder coated finish. I replaced one over the summer and it was about $10, if I recall.

mashenden

Reaction score
No disagreement, and all input is appreciated, but it was a bit light on facts. My intent was to provide details and part numbers so we know what will and will not work.

So far I believe the following to be correct:

• The Grady White wiper is a ANCO 52-xx, where xx is length 16", 18", 20" (My Seafarer uses 16"). I have not been able to find complete replacements (wiper and blade) in SS for under $30+ (although see last bullet point).
  • One refill option is to use blade refill TRICO 47-800 from Advance (and probably other stores), then reuse the rails from the old blade to make the new one wide enough to stay on the wiper. This is what I did (prior to researching it properly) and will report if it somehow fails to work, but it sure looks like it will work.(locally available and cost $3.50 per blade)
  • Blade refill for the ANCO 52-xx at NAPA is part # WIP 60xx05 (for $5.50). I have not verified this as an exact replacement, though.
  • Blade refill at Ryderfleetproducts.com appears to be part ACO 53xx (for $4.20 for 16"). Also not verified as fact by anyone, but I would have tried this one if I had not already taken a different approach - seems likely it would be a perfect fit.
  • Ryderfleetproducts.com does list a 52-16 (16" wiper and blade) for $7 and some change but it is unclear if this is really in Stainless Steel. The title says Gray, but the data says SS?? A deal if it really is the whole thing in SS.

Strikezone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
mashenden said:
[*]Blade refill at Ryderfleetproducts.com appears to be part ACO 53xx (for $4.20 for 16"). Also not verified as fact by anyone, but I would have tried this one if I had not already taken a different approach - seems likely it would be a perfect fit.

[*]Ryderfleetproducts.com does list a 52-16 (16" wiper and blade) for $7 and some change but it is unclear if this is really in Stainless Steel. The title says Gray, but the data says SS?? A deal if it really is the whole thing in SS.[/list]

The 52-16 is the blade for my Seafarer and they are stainless steel. The ones on now have been on about 3 years. I found their prices the best and purchased enough to qualify for free shipping.

mashenden

Reaction score
Strikezone said:
mashenden said:
The 52-16 is the blade for my Seafarer and they are stainless steel. The ones on now have been on about 3 years. I found their prices the best and purchased enough to qualify for free shipping.

WOW - that is $24 cheaper than anywhere else for the whole thing. Not bad indeed, and it would be shiny again :)

Jcrawford

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but it help me find new wiper blades for my 96 228G. I picked one up at NAPA auto parts for under $8. The NAPA part number for the 16" is 60-1670. I found it on the web here too http://www.napaonline.com/napa/en/p/ACO601670

Hope this helps some others who are searching.