Windsield Washer Replacement

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Has anyone replace the windshield washer nozzle. Mine is broken off and it appears that the only way to access it you would have to remove the windshield wiper and wiper motor?

Thanks in advance

sluggoe

Reaction score
not sure what u r referring to.....
u mean where the wiper attaches to the base or.....?

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
No it is the nozzle that the hose attaches to that sprays the fresh water on the window to clean it.

reelserious

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the answer is probably yes. There is a slim chance that you can remove the broken screw-in nipple and screw in a new one, but if it was as corroded as mine was, then you will likely have to replace the assembly.

Renovator

Reaction score
Mine on my '05 Sailfish also broke but it now sprays directly on the windshield and still works well enough to clean the glass when needed. If I could figure out how to install a "y" shaped nipple it could get both sides of the front glass at the same time instead of the starboard side only. Has anyone attempted this?

saltypup

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I just did this last year and from what i can remember you have to take the windshield motor out(from the back) and start there. Then you can access the broken piece to replace it, I think it has a nut on the back of it. This is from memory and I'd have to look at my boat to refresh but I absolutely remember taking the motor off. I ordered the part from crockers, wasn't expensive but it is now all plastic so I guess it wont corrode.