Winter Project

Tatt00z

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have been to marina getting all the little things worked out on my new to me Marlin. Microwave doesn't work, was wondering how it is removed, and if anyone could post some pics of what they did in it's place. Everything is cleaned up, all lights are functional now, I replaced the cockpit lights for LEDs, Im sure I'll do the same for all other lights when they need replacing. One thing has been bugging me, and I can't seem to to find them, or a replacement alternative. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Here's a pic, if anyone knows a fix, or where I could find a replacement for all of them, please let me know.
Thanks, Glen

Attachments

• Doors.jpg
    Doors.jpg
    854.1 KB · Views: 1,402

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Are those "roll-up" doors? You didn't specifically mention, but it appears so. Those are called "tambour" doors and a google search will return plenty of information on this. You might try a salvage yard such as Flounder Pounder marine to see if you can get small sections of it as opposed to buying a larger sheet of it through a typical supplier. You'll probably still have to cut it to fit and possibly either paint or stain the new pieces, but both of those things are pretty easy to do.

I Can't say for sure on the microwave, but on the boats I've worked on in regards to the microwave, they are usually attached to a piece of wood which is then screwed down the cabinet frame. Sometimes from below, sometimes to the left or right of the mic, sometimes underneath a piece of vinyl that covers the screw head. Sorry I can't be of more help there, but usually taking a really close look at it solves the question.

Tatt00z

Reaction score
Thank You. Tambour doors are exactly what I'm looking for.
Much appreciated.

Tatt00z

Reaction score
Dale, Thank You my friend, exactly what Im going to try and make happen, as soon as I figure out how to get the damn thing out.
Take care, Glen

dale1

Reaction score
Glen,

If i remember correctly, there was a revel or 3/4 strip around the opening, in front of the microwave. only a few screws, and then it just pulled out. its pretty heavy. there might have been a screw in the bottom of the unit as well at one time. it would be accessed from above the sink. dont hold me to any of this because i cant really remember. but, i dont remember it being that hard.

dale