Winter storage in NE- full or near empty gas tank??

seasick

Reaction score
I hope you understand that I am prone to disagreeing, sometimes just to keep the conversation going..
I could beat this topic to death but I suspect you folks have better things to do.

Be safe out there.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
i've stored full (or nearly) for 20 years. Stabil for layup up until E10, then Stabil at every fueling, extra at layup. ringfree also.

yamaha requires antifreeze be pumped through the 350's (or at least my year). check up on that with your tech (or someone here). good luck, ron

mmiela

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
i used to run my tank down as far as I could and put stabil in it for the winter, never had an issue.

wrxhoon

Reaction score
For me it is very easy, I never use ethanol fuel, never buy fuel on the water, never winterize, The tank will sometimes be full, other times half full or even 1/4 full. I just use the boat regularly, never had an issue.

nuclear

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I go with a full tank and never had a problem.

I know others say the same with empty tanks so...o_O

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
I will try and run my tanks down low, but never empty. the tanks usually wind up being somewhere between 1/8 and 1/4 full for the winter. Every fill up past labor day I will add startron. I usually keep the boat in the water until thanksgiving. I will then top off with fresh gas in the spring. I figure the solution to pollution is dilution. I have been doing this for 15 years in NE and it seems to work.

kirk a

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I've done it full, empty, half full...Always with stabilizer in it. Can't say I've had any issues directly related to storage and Ethanol/fuel. Three different boats going back 15 years.