Winter Storage Rates

White Horses (Mike)

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Our boat is a 22 ft Tournament and I am paying about $2,400 per year for winterizing, shrink wrap and winter storage. I keep the boat with the dealer that we bought it from, because they have been great and I want to avoid any complications with any warranty issues that come up. As I wrote the $2,400 check this week, I just thought...wow. That sees like alot. Could anyone else let me know if this amount seems normal? Thanks, and happy holidays to everyone.

Patsy Mac

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Seems a bit high, but it is variable and dependant on location. I keep my 268 Islander in Shelton, CT, for significantly less, more than $1K less in fact. I'd recommend shopping around. A consideration is if you perform maintenance on it your self over the winter or not. Keeping it further from the water or home, especially if you don't work on it is a way to save signifiant benjamins.

lgusto

Reaction score
$950, includes haul, pressure wash, winterizing, shrink wrap, inside battery storage and charging, recommission in spring.

I used to be like you, spend the money with the dealer, made me feel better. But, their work is often no better, nor valid for warranty, than other qualified people.

White Horses (Mike)

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks for that information guys... suspected that was the case. Sounds like I should shop this around next summer before it becomes a last minute thing...