Winterize salt water washdown

Bob Meola

Reaction score
I like to leave boat in water till mid December in NJ and I am wondering is there a way you can winterize salt water washdown on a 265 without pulling boat out of water? fresh water is already done.

Automated14

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I do the same. I disconnect the hose as close to the seecock as possible then blow it out with air.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
After you blow it out hook the hose back up and pour some pink antifreeze back into the hose. Then cycle the pump. You want some antifreeze in the diaphragm pump.

In Cape May I don’t worry about freezing with the boat in the water in mid-December. Out of the water yes winterize the pump.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I run it dry then pull the hose off the seacock and just stick it in a gallon of pink stuff and run the washdown till pink comes out.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I run it dry then pull the hose off the seacock and just stick it in a gallon of pink stuff and run the washdown till pink comes out.
Easier said than done on my Islander. You would have to pull the aft deck hatch.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Easier said than done on my Islander. You would have to pull the aft deck hatch.
Good point - I have no idea what the access is like on his 265. I also agree that mid-December in this area is nothing to worry about when the boat is in the water regarding anything down in the bilge since the water will keep that area above freezing.

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
When i had a 265, I used to just pull up the deck plate and blow out the line when the boat was pulled for the season. This was end of November/early December in CT.