Winterizing Air Conditioning Unit

Scarlet Knight

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have done a search, but found nothing regarding how to winterize the air conditioning unit. Any suggestions.

Also I have read on Yam F250 no need to fog carborator only at the spark plugs is this correct?

gradyrod

Reaction score
A/C winterize

Basically what I do is feed antifreeze in thru the circulating pump and once I see the red color coming out the thru hull I turn the A/C unit off. This is all I've done for 14 years now and all works fine! The same idea as winterizing the engines!

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
No carbs on the Fs, those are throttles.

Nonetheless, fog the cylinders as you wrote and run treated fuel via fuel tanks with Marine Stabil or your favorite fuel treatment and run engine long enough to burn it thru.

Do whatever you are supposed to do with the motor oil.

Stonewall

Reaction score
There are a couple ways to do the A/C. Either disconnect the intake hose from the thru-hull (before the pump) and place the hose down into a gallon of pink stuff. Start the A/C and run until the pink stuff comes out of the other end. Or, use a Fake-a-Lake. They work great.

http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/us ... ake_a_lake

As far as the engines...no need to spray in Fogger into the intake. I just remove each spark plug and spray a little in each port. While they are out add some anti-sieze on the threads and some Di-Electric grease in the boots. Then spray the whole engine down with T-9 Boeshield. Don't use WD 40. It will not last and is a solvent which will dissolve the vital grease and oil on the links.