Wipe wiper blades

clapie

Reaction score
Hi to all,

I am a new partecipant to this forum from Italy.

I purchased a Grady White 268 Islander (2001) and I have a problem to find in Italy two new wipe wiper blades for this boat.

Have you any suggestion about the correct model to buy ?

Th old one has only the name ANCO but I do not know the exact model. They are a particular type with a screw to fixing them.

Many thanks for yours suggestion and best regards.

Claudio

clapie

Reaction score
Many thanks for your reply, but my problem is to know the exact part number, because it is not indicated on the old wiper blades.
I hope someone with the same boat can help me.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Hi,
I took one of the blades out of the wiper arm and went to the local auto parts store. I looked through the Anco section and found adjustable length replacement blades. The dimensions of the rubber and metal support were identical. The metal backing has notches in it for various lengths. I broke it off at the right length and cut the rubber with an straight edge blade and installed them. They worked great - no issues and very inexpensive.

clapie

Reaction score
Hi Fishtales,

My problem is that I did not find a Anco seller in Italy. For this reason I need to have the part number of the complete wipe wiper to sell them in the USA by internet.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Hi Clapie,
Sorry - my bad. I know they are the refills with the metal support blade over the rubber but I didn't save the model number on the Anco package. I won't get to my boat for a while. When I do, I'll pull one off and match it up for you.

In the mean time, contact Grady White customer service and tell them about your problem. Measure the length of the blades in there now and give them your boat model and blade length. Maybe they will be able to assist.

tx