Wiper Arm

Uncle Joe

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I feel kind of stupid asking this but the wiper arm on my 1982 Offshore has been vexing me for a long time. I have changed the blade and done my best to replace the spring but it still doesn't make good contact with the glass. Is there an arm available anywhere? Do I just try to bend the arm so it makes better contact? I am worried that if I try to get this thing off I am going to break something.

seasick

Reaction score
Arms are available but where to get one depends on what type you have. It is best to remove the old one and try to match it at a parts store that sells truck parts. You can also find them on Amazon. Try searching for ANCO stainless steel wiper arms. Here is an example of one of the more common adjustable arms
It may be a bit tricky to remove but the trick if it doesn't have a nut or bolt that secured it to the wiper motor shaft is to lift the arm off the glass and at the same time grab the shaft socket with a pliers ( and something to prevent scratching the surface ) and pull straight up from the motor shaft. You may need to use a pry bar and perhaps a piece of something to get the prybar under the lip of the socket.

Reactions: Uncle Joe