wiper blade 33 express

tony-sally

Reaction score
Anyone know wher to buy just the rubber wiper insert.Grady only sells the wiper with the frame and their $50.00
I have more frames than I need and don't want to spend $50.00 just for the rubber insert

Thanks in Advance Tony 33 Grady "SALLY ANN"

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I had NAPA match it and it works good and hasn't rusted in over a year.

g0tagrip

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Advanced Auto Parts, TRICO # 47-800, 8mm square claw blades, I paid 7.52 including tax.

Winged Pig

Reaction score
Thanks grip!

I also needed to replace my wiper blades on my Sailfish. Took the arms to the local auto parts places and pretty much got no help. They just looked at the entire replacement parts. Went back after you posted the info on the TRICO 47-800 and picked up a pair for seven bucks. Took me a total of twenty minutes, and fifteen of that was the trip to the parts store.

Really gets me that the local Grady dealer says nothing else will work except for his $37.00 (each) blade assemblies, and since they are new the existing arms might not work either, but he has them for $50.00 each. Not very helpful when he wants me to spend $174.00 plus tax when I can fix everything for a mere $7.00.

Thanks again for posting that info!

grady23

Reaction score
Just a footnote: If you want your blades to last longer, Just cut a strip of foam pipe insulation slightly loger then the blades themselves and open the stuff via the split and slde them over the blades. It keeps the UV from drying out the blades.

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
grady23 said:
Just a footnote: If you want your blades to last longer, Just cut a strip of foam pipe insulation slightly loger then the blades themselves and open the stuff via the split and slde them over the blades. It keeps the UV from drying out the blades.

Spiral cable wrap also works well and not as big as foam insulation.

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I get the dealer has to make money but I agree that there is no reason Grady wipers or blades should cost what they do. I had the same thing with my mercedes and went to auto parts store, found a blade that looked close, trimmed it and installed. Saved me 120 bucks or more. Love my Grady, but not so much love for the over the top prices.

Winged Pig

Reaction score
Agreed about the dealer prices. I don't understand why the dealer can't stock the same rubber inserts that the auto parts places do and take care of their customers better?

I fully understand the Mercedes thing. I found a great Mercedes mechanic that chargers me less than $150 for my last service when the dealer wanted almost $700. Absolutely no difference in service or parts. I give this guy way more business than I would have ever given the dealer. Same as the Grady dealer...