Wiper Blades for a 2000 272

reelserious

Reaction score
Did a search and only came up with two posts from 2011 and 2012. Was hoping someone may have some more current input. I need to get new blades and was curious where people are getting their replacements these days. I would also appreciate any feedback on how to remove the old blades. It looks like you depress the tabs on the retaining clips at each end of the blade, but wanted to hear from others in case that is a bad assumption. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

seasick

Reaction score
The refills on my '04 Seafarer are Anco 53-16, 16" blades.

Assuming the old blades are the type that connect to the swing arm with a small bolt and nut, then yes, the ANCO 53-xx where the xx is the length are the correct replacements. The actual blade insert doesn't come out easily if I remember.
It's better to replace the whole blade set.
Remember when you bolt the new blades not to over-tighten the nut. The blade assembly has to be a bit loose to allow the blade to rotate as the plane of the windshield changes as the arm sweeps.
The blades can be found on Amazon as well as other web sites. They can also be found at parts stores that cater to trucks (commercial trucks). They are usually not available at places line Autozone etc.

reelserious

Reaction score
Assuming the old blades are the type that connect to the swing arm with a small bolt and nut, then yes, the ANCO 53-xx where the xx is the length are the correct replacements. The actual blade insert doesn't come out easily if I remember.
It's better to replace the whole blade set.
Remember when you bolt the new blades not to over-tighten the nut. The blade assembly has to be a bit loose to allow the blade to rotate as the plane of the windshield changes as the arm sweeps.
The blades can be found on Amazon as well as other web sites. They can also be found at parts stores that cater to trucks (commercial trucks). They are usually not available at places line Autozone etc.

Thanks for the feedback. I looked at the Anco 52-20, but can't get a clear picture that shows how it is mounted. I need to be able to nut and bolt mount through the side of the blade and the only picture I could get looked like it mounted through the top of the blade. I will bring one to Napa tomorrow and see what they have.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
As seasick said, I replaced my whole blade with top bolt through the arm. The refills were bought along with the new blades.

seasick

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I looked at the Anco 52-20, but can't get a clear picture that shows how it is mounted. I need to be able to nut and bolt mount through the side of the blade and the only picture I could get looked like it mounted through the top of the blade. I will bring one to Napa tomorrow and see what they have.
I stated the wrong part number for the whole blade. The mount you need is called a narrow saddle. The refill only is the 53-xx part

I think the correct part is the 52-20 for the whole blade assembly.
Take a look at
http://www.fme-cat.com/overlays/part-detail.aspx?brandId=AB&pNum=52-20&partType=Clear-Flex

reelserious

Reaction score
Went to Napa and ordered the whole blade assembly. Had the parts in 2 hours. Now installed and a perfect fit. The only "issue" was they only came in black. Look pretty good actually. The Napa part number is 6-2065, which is a heavy duty 20" blade. The price was $11.00 ea. One suggestion is use the provided adapter, it gives for a looser fit so the blades can cantilever as needed.

Thanks again for the help.