Wiper mechanism

Saltyone

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
2000 265 wiper mechanism, not the motor, but the part on the outside of the boat. Anyone know if that is a somewhat generic part or grady specific?

Grey56

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
2000 265 wiper mechanism, not the motor, but the part on the outside of the boat. Anyone know if that is a somewhat generic part or grady specific?
Have had a whale of a time finding parts for my '92 Sailfish - my local Grady dealer had some; but it has still been painful.

Which part?

Sauza45

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 271
Try partsvu I got got a replacement wiper for my canyon.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
There's different styles of "arms"... which one do you have?

But, no, it's not Grady specific. A local marine store should be able to help you if bring some pics/measurements.

Try AM Equipment - they may have been the ones that made it... although you can use a different brand, too. The only thing that matters is how it attaches to the motor gear - which is pretty standard.

Is it actually "bad" or just in need of paint?

Saltyone

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
So mine has the 2 "arms". The issue is the smaller arm, not the one the wiper attaches to, isnt secure at the base. What i cant tell is if its normally secured with a circlip or if its held in place with a nut. Im guessing a nut, but the threaded portion is basically broke off. The other thing I'm not sure of, if that "base" is part of the wiper motor, or just a seperate base. that goes between the motor and wiper arms.

Hopefully that makes sense. I'll try and get a picture of it later.

Beyond A Wake

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 335
Standard equipment. Just take it with you to a marine store and then you can match pricing online to see where to buy it from.
h

Saltyone

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Pulling up an old thread. This is the piece that broke on my wipers. After a bit of research, I found out the the company who was making the wipers for the 265 was sold to another company. Gave them a call and were very helpful.

https://www.globalproducts.llc/

wiperadap.jpg

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
The stainless wipers on the older boats are “school bus wipers”. NAPA had them. Later I switched to an automotive wiper. Recently I eliminated the wipers and the horn- tired of rust stains.

232Grady

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
The stainless wipers on the older boats are “school bus wipers”. NAPA had them. Later I switched to an automotive wiper. Recently I eliminated the wipers and the horn- tired of rust stains.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Speaking of the bubble...do you know if that will come out without having to pull the windshield?
I'm gonna say no. when I re-did the dash, I toyed with the idea of removing it and closing in the back vertical. I remember it was not going to be easy to even try.

Reactions: Saltyone